Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Scary Clicking

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Apr 12, 2000.

I recently started hearing and feeling a click or bang under my feet when I accelerate. It is almost like something moves under the truck. I have crawled underneath and checked for any loose items...none. It only happens when I start out, from a stopped position. The fact that I can feel it really scares me.

Anyone have an idea??

'84 K5

Chevy in my blood.

1. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

Check motor mounts, if they are shot and touching the frame, when you take off it will raise off the frame then hit it when the motor comes down. I had that happen to me

2. Truckfan2

Truckfan2 1/2 ton status

when you hit the gas the frame torques... maybe your body mount under you foot is rusted or missing, that could make that noise.

NEVER been stuck... *yet*

3. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Check the rear transmission mount under the output housing. I don't know about the trucks, but the GM rear-wheel-drive cars had (have) problems with them. My 86 T/A did that too. New trans mount fixed it.

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!
    [​IMG] So many ideas, so little money...

4. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Sounds like defective motor mounts. I had the same symptom on my 74 K5. I replaced em both and bye bye problem.

5. JDELBLAZ

JDELBLAZ 1/2 ton status

HAD SAME PROBLEM THOUGHT IT WAS THE FRAME BUT CHECK YOUR REAR SHACKLE BUSHINGS THAT WAS MY PROBLEM

6. Could it be the Body lift, maybe not tightened up? I will check all the mounts/bushings this weekend...Thanks for all the advice guys

'84 K5

Chevy in my blood.

7. Cornfed-90K5

Cornfed-90K5 Registered Member

An easy way to tell if it is your engine mounts is to open the hood and have a friend lightly push on the gas with the tranny in park and his foot on the brakes if it is your mounts you will be able to se the engine lift. I had the same problem if you change them you should change all 3(both engine mounts and the tranny).

Cornfed-90K5
    1990 K5 Blazer
    1977 Jeep CJ5