Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Scary Situation

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jimmyjack, Oct 3, 2000.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

We went camping this weekend. While driving up a winding mountain road we heard/felt a weird noise. Sounded like something fell off the blazer. Didn't think much of it as we were nearly at our camping spot. On the way home we could smell a strong odor of burning brakes. I wasn't using my brakes so I figured it was the car in front of us. The more I drove and applied the brakes, the more the blazer would pull hard to the left. When I got home I pulled the wheels and calipers off. Lo and behold, the left brake pad was worn in a way that only half of it was on the rotor and a big chunk of THAT piece was missing. Not sure how, but I guess when I redid my brakes back in May I wasn't paying attention and goofed up. My pals over at Autozone fixed me up. I'm surprised it didn't give up the ghost earlier though.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Autozone took back pads that were unevenly worn? I bought lifetime pads from Autozone and they will replace them if they wear out evenly, but if they wear out unevenly they will blame your rotor and not honor the waurantee.
    I just put on 4 new rotors and should never have to pay for brake pads again.
    Or a starter, alternator, water pump, etc...
    If only they sold tires.... Lol
    -- Mike

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I'm in there alot, they know me by name. Not really sure if I should be proud of that or not!

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

4. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

I know Ted at the parts counter at the local chevy dealer by name, you're right I'm not really sure that I should be proud of this fact but it's true, and I get a business discount now which helps[​IMG]
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

5. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

me, autozone and and frequent trips up there are VERY common, sometimes its fun to go in there and see people try to do things to their car.

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    "DONT BE PROUD IF IT AINT LOUD!"