Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

scatter brained and need help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jeromy Gibson, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Jeromy Gibson

Jeromy Gibson 1/2 ton status

1. getting ready to swap my D60 in when I found that the passenger side spring plate is broken, is there a good place to get them or has anyone made one before.
    2. how do you shim a d60? lookes to with the bolts going into the housing that if you but a shim under the spring your spring plate will not sit flat on the spring.
    3. how far back would 63's move the axle vs. revesed 57s. right now I have revesed 57s and a 12 bolt, was going to swap in a d70 and 63 but I don't want to have to lenghten my drive shaft.
    4. last but not least, does anyone make a 8 lug 15 inch wheel with like 7inches back spaceing? I already have a set of hummer beadlocks and some bald 37 inch military tires, when a buddy offers to sell me his 4 almost new 42 TSLs for 500 bucks, but they are 15 inches and I need cheap way to make them work.

Thanks for the help, I need a game plan for the weekend. this is going to be about the only time I have to work on my truck.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2005
  2. Jeromy Gibson

one TTT before I go make some spring plates, Does the shim under the spring affect anything looks to me like if the axle was shimmed then the bolts going into the housing will not be stright with the spring plate.

3. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

If you need a shim of 3 deg or less it will be fine. To go larger than 3 deg you should put one on top of the spring pack also, just facing the other direction. That way the spring plate is paralell with the spring pad.

I hope that made sense to you.

4. Jeromy Gibson

yes, guess I will need some longe bolts also. SO has anyone made a spring plate? I can't seem to find one hear locally and I would like to get my truck off the jack stands. I have some 3/4 inch cold rolled that i think is big enough.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

plate info

some on ebay at times for around 50 -60 . and some guys sell homemade ones for about the same. 3/4 should be fine thats what i made my rear plates from on my 14ff to flip them to the top.:cool1:

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

if your passenger side spring plate is screwed up, your D60 is worthless. the spring perch is part of the center section.

7. Jeromy Gibson

Nothing on the axle is damaged just the spring plate has a crack in it. Thats why I will make some new ones.