Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Schematics for rear tire carrier *NEW*

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CarolinaBogger, Nov 13, 2001.

1. CarolinaBogger

CarolinaBogger Registered Member

Well, i don't think the stock spare is gonna work anymore now that i am running 38"s. Was wondering if anyone had or knows where to get any schematics for a rear tire carrier. I want to make one soon and it would be great to see some other ideas, especially the swing-out bushing/bearing mechanism. Thanks ya'll,
    CB

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Look on page 4 and find Bobk's post (pics of spare tire carrier)

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

3. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    I'll be updating the pic's today as I just got the carrier powder coated.I'll up load the plans I drew up for the carrier as well.Here is the link to my tire carrier post.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=blazer4x4&amp;Number=261500&amp;page=5&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=0&amp;part=>http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=blazer4x4&amp;Number=261500&amp;page=5&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=0&amp;part=</a>

<font color=green>BobK<font color=green>

4. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Warn just came out with a pretty sweet Tire Carrier for Jeeps - I'm trying to get one for my '72 - it would at the very least be a good starting point...