Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

School me on Computer Monitors

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtnman210, Jan 16, 2007.

1. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

I'm looking for getting a new monitor. I've found a couple that are a good price. the first being a 22" Acero(or something like that) for 299 but its widescreen. Now I don't really watch movies on the computer. I mostly surf the web, word processing, and play games. Also I use it alot for picture editing and viewing. I know on my laptop because its a widescreen the pictures all get stretched when you view them. So for the desktop I don't really want a widescree based on that right?

what do you have or like and what should I look for

2. Wishbone

Wishbone 1/2 ton status

I have a Proview flat screen. It's not a widescreen but a regular "square". I would stick with something like that as it is more user friendly unless you watch a lot of movies. Whatever you do, don't get a tube.

3. mechted

mechted 1 ton status Premium Member

i have a 22" widescreen and i love it! I run multiple things at same time, so I usually have right 2/3's of monitor on full web browser and the left 1/3 is for download/mp3 player/video window/etc and keep the a full web page viewable 100% of time.

also it kicks @ss in gaming

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  4. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

Also, try to get a namebrand. Viewsonic makes excellent ones, unless you plan on upgrading in a year.

5. BowTieOgre

BowTieOgre Registered Member

Ive had my Rosewill LCD for 4 years now without one problem. Its not widescreen but it plays games really well which is most of what I do when not surfing.

6. SkysTheLimit

SkysTheLimit 1/2 ton status

If you do alot of multi-tasking, look into getting 2 smaller LCD panels. Then you can have dual display. One screen has web, the other has excel or whatever you're doing. you will either need a second video card or a card with dual outputs on it.

I have a 22" widescreen samsung for my primary display and a 19" tube for secondary. Really convienent say for example when you've got the D60 bible up on one screen and NAPA on the other checking prices on bearings and whatnot...

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Just picked up a 20.1" Sceptre LCD.

No dead pixels, bright as hell

Totally awesome

I'm also running a 15" LCD as a secondary

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

widescreen is the shizzle and couple potentially give you the "edge" in online fps games designed to take advantage of it.

j

9. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Yep Ive got a Viewsonic WA22 something its a HD widescreen at work and Love it. The thing you have to watch is it takes alot of video card to run it at the right resolution, something like 1650x1080. I had dual 19" for a while but Im really like the widescreen for multiple things running.

10. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

HUEG MONITORZ !

[​IMG]