Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

school me on dodge dana 60

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by d coenen, May 17, 2006.

1. d coenen

d coenen Registered Member

i found a guy that has an add that he has a dodge dana 60 front and rear with 4.10 gears says it will work in chevy or dodge he wants 500. 00 for them is it a good deal and what alll is involved with installing them? is it just an easy swap out or do i have to get more parts? and i think that they are 8 bolt right? thanks.

2. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

what year of dodge?

3. hack500

hack500 1/2 ton status

the front dodge d60 has kingpins it will work. don't know about the rear.

couple things to watch for with the fronts:

1.the spring pads are slightly wider on a dodge than a chevy

2.steering arm is different: you'll need x-over or a chevy steering arm to work with the stock steering.

3.shock mounts: you can bend the dodge ones to match the angle that the chevy ones have or cut off the dodge ones and fab your own. although I've heard of guys not doing either and not having problems.

iirc, '91-'93 dodge d60f's had internal style locking hubs whereas the earlier ones had external ones. another usefull tidbit is that (some or all? ) w250's and w350 with a diesel had a d60f that had some of the ribbing on the housing removed to clear the oil pan. can be usful to help clear larger capacity oil pans when used in chevys with little/no lift.

4. d coenen

d coenen Registered Member

ad dosent say. kind of late to call him. but going to call him on my nonn hour to get all info on them.

5. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

If it's a kingpin 60, grab that fokker, NOW!

6. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

ya make it seem like its a good deal...:haha:

there is a guy around here whom sells all his front d60's for $500 each.. chevy.... dont matter if it has 4.10 or 4.56 that is what he gets... I dont deal with the guy.. he has screwed me over on other things (labor charges) so I dont deal with him....:doah:

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

watch out for the first few years of the cummins motors equiped ones . thay were model 61 fronts. all the same except the inner guts were special. 3.54 ratio. if you want new gears of diffrent ratio then it needs special spacer from places like randys ring and pinion. this is du to diffrences in the inside just for the dodge with the cummins as no over drive yet and needed to keep the rpms down on the road.

8. onetonbb74

onetonbb74 1/2 ton status

ive got a dodge 60 in my garage and its 67.5" wms instead of my chevy srw of 69". Spring perches are beefier and wider by 3/4 of an inch on each side. The brake lines are different just get the chevy ones and the dodge ones are just like a rear and are hard to find the steel braided flex hoses for them. Other then that it will work.