Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

School me on shocks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BLZN4FN, Apr 12, 2006.

1. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

I'm looking to buy DIY's inboard shock kit. But dont know what kind of shocks to buy. My K5 has 6 inch lift in rear how do I tell how long to get? And do I get a soft shock or a firm shock or remote reservoir shocks????

If this helps I run rocks no mud some dirt trails the ft has the Ford towers and 9012.

Let me know what you think before I wast my money on the wrong shocks.

2. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

the best bet is to max flex and then take min and max measurments. remote reservior are for lots of movement fast (desert fast drivin) helps keep shock from overheating. i personally like softer shocks since i drive like a maniac but its preference really

3. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

I run a similar shock setup on mine, with @ 6" lift and i run 34" RS9000X's seems to be a decent length. I used to run 32" Procomps in the same mount, never had a problem with length with those either. so i would think about a 32" shock would be good. As for which ones i like the adjustable ranchos But i'm sure any quality shock will work, Notice i said Quality shock, not 19.99 Kragen Specials. :)