Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

School me on this and a where to find question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Quackaddict, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Quackaddict

Quackaddict 1/2 ton status

I know you are all sick of me but I have been quiet until I really need something so bear with me.

1. Going to 3/4 ton running gear with a 10 bolt up front and a 14BSF in rear. Are there any restrictions on what size rim I have to run? I know with the D60 you need 16's unless you want to grind but does the 10 bolt 8 lug 3/4 ton axle have the same restrictions or will 15's work?

I can't find it in search right now but I did look..........doesn't appear to be just a ton of info on 3/4 ton swaps....lots on D60's though.

2. Where is the best place to find the H2 take-offs cheap. Money is kind of low and since I don't want to have to deal with my H1 military beadlocks recentered I thought if i could find a set of those cheap they have 35's on them. I am putting on a 6 inch lift so I want 36 IROKS but could handle the 35's for now.

2. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Check dealers, major tire retailers, local ads. In CA, craigslist.org is a great place....but not sure how many listings there are in your area.

Also, ask around....friend of a friend has an H2 with rims....good chance their stockers are sitting their garage. Good luck!

3. jeeptuff

jeeptuff 1/2 ton status

You can run 15's on that 3/4 ton setup, that is what I have. No caliper grinding period. 15x8 2.75" BS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Quackaddict

Cool. If I wanted to run 15X10's cause I plan on running some wide tires what is the most backspacing I can have with 15's? Would 4" be ok?

5. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Even if you have to grind the calipers it is not much I ran 15" rims on my blazer with a 3/4 ton 10 bolt and they had 3 3/4" backspacing (not sure on the backspacing but it was more than 3 and less than 4) they were 15x10s and you will have to grind the caliper but its not a big deal

6. jolane

jolane 1/2 ton status

Check the rear drums also. I was using 16" rims when I was running those axles and obviouly had no clearance issues. Those drums are large, and I can't remember how much space there was between the rims and drums.

I thought you were going to use the H1 rims. I hadn't thought about the recentering...

Joshua

7. Quackaddict

yeah recentering has really set me back. I bought them because they were cheap didn't plan on having to do anything to them. I can just get some 10" steelies for what it would cost to recenter, then I can get 15" rims which have more selection and cheaper tires. However not sure on the grinding so may go with 16's/