Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

School project....88 Honda Accord

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by big pappa b, Sep 9, 2005.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

A week or 2 ago my son volunteered me to help with his auto shop school project. My first job was to help locate a car. A guy I work with has offered us a 1988 Honda Accord for free. It's a start. I'm going to go check it out Sunday. Bad news is that it has sat for about 1 year and has 250K on it. Going by his description it's gonna need a lot but the body is good. Front end wobbles above 30mph and the inside is "dirty" ..so he say. It was his sons car and he's tired of it sitting there so he's giving it away :haha:

So, if after I check it out and it is somewhat rebuildable. I will be looking for any type of parts donations that may work with this car..(88 honda accord)

Will post my findings Sunday night

thanks in advance

2. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I will do what I can. Any questions you have about that car I can answer. When I started working for Honda there were still carbed cars on the showroom floor. I wrenched on them for several years, and when an auto accident ended my mechanic carreer I started in the parts dept. I now run the parts dept. Ask away.

3. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Bryan,

Let me know what you might need for the car. I have an 88 Accord I used for a field car race we had a month ago, and it still runs. I plan to run it again in a couple of weeks, and I am sure that it will be dead after that run, but the engine bolt-on's should be good, as well as anything electrical. I have gutted the interior, which sucks, because it was really clean.

4. big pappa b

Thanks man. I will be checking it out tomorrow evening. Hopefully it isnt a pile. I mught have to trailer it up there for a demo night :D

5. big pappa b

Let's try this again. I had it all typed up the other day and the server went down while I was typing it :mad:

So anyway, we went and looked at the car. for free it a great car..even for a few hundred dollars. No rust and body is straight except for both fenders have small dings in them. Interior is pretty dirty but can be cleaned up. May need new carpet. My only worries about it is the 250K on the engine and auto trans.
    I'll be looking for some nicer than stock wheels for them. I have a powder coater lined up to do a few things for free so if I find some wheels thay need freshened up he can take care of them.
    They're not looking to get crazy on the motor besides a good exhaust system. Also gonna be looking for a body kits if anyone has a line on one...new or used. Prefer items from the southeast if possible to keep the shipping costs down but if it's free I'm sure we can work something out ;)

thanks in advance