Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

School question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I called the University of Northern Colorado today to change my start date from fall 2004 to fall 2006, and the lady asked if I have been taking classes at the community college here. I told her I took a couple, and now they want my transcripts...

I have a bit of a problem, though. I have zero credits from the two classes I took because I got lazy towards the end. Is UNC going to try to transfer those zero credits, completely screwing my chances of having a good GPA? Or do they just want to see what I took? Or should I call the lady back and find out for myself? :doah:

Man, if they're going to transfer my zero credits of 8 attempted, I might as well just stay here in Wyoming and go to the community college. It won't get me out of Wyoming, but it'd save me a lot of money to be able to put the same GPA on a resume or whatever... Of course, the college here doesn't have what I want to study......... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I hate school, and I hate that every job I want to do other than the one I'm doing now requires a degree in something:mad:

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

call and ask....
    Grant

3. mikayak390

mikayak390 Registered Member

Call and tell them you do not plan to transfer the credits. Start new at the new school and don't offer more explanation. You had to get a late start at the new school for personal reasons.

4. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Man if you're calling them up a year and a half after you were supposed to start taking classes there, you might have bigger problems

5. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Generally, the GPA doesn't transfer, only the credit hours. If you transfer your credits, it will show your attempted hours and credit hours.

Say, for example, you're taking 12 hours of credit, 4 classes, each being 3 credit hours a piece. However, you only pass two of them. The transcript will show your attempted hours being 12, but will only credit you with 6.

But don't take all of this to heart. This is what the North Carolina system does, and everything here is jacked to begin with.

6. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

x2:doah:

7. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

haha, I concur with zen and bigorange about NC

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Stuff happens, what can I say?