Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Schwarzenegger for governor of CA!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dysphemism, Aug 8, 2003.

1. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

Anyone else gonna vote for him? I think anyone who can win Mr. Olympia 7 times and has starred in movies like terminator and predator can run a state, who's with me?

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

If I was in Kali, I'd vote for him! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I dunno, its a tossup between him, and Larry Flint...

currently, there are 320 candidates for governor in california. this is due to a stupid law that says anyone with 25 signatures ( or 250, don't recall) and 4500 bucks to register can run for governor. want to get world fame, and international recognition for your business? run for governor, and if its novel enough, ABC/CBS/NBC/CNN nightly news will probably note you as a candidate at some point.

of course, on the flip side, of all the peopel I've talked to in California, about 80% of them say they're either not registered to vote, don't vote.

-Rich

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I keep hearing about how anti gun he is... and other things.... I need to look into his real agenda more. He seems cool, I actually met him at an elementary school here once. He came to read to the kids in 1st - 6th grade and I was subbing there that day. I saw a bunch of cop cars when I came out of the rest room and was walking back to my class when I turned a corner and practically ran into him. I didn't even realize it was him until he said hello. I was like uh, er.... hey, yer, er, wow yer so cool.... he laughed and asked if I worked there (saw my ID). I said yes, in the preschool. He replied wow, even I'm not brave enough for that age (of course all the cops and reporters with him laughed all cheesy), smiled shook my hand and off he went. It was for sure one of the coolest moments in recent memory I had! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

currently, there are 320 candidates for governor in california. this is due to a stupid law that says anyone with 25 signatures ( or 250, don't recall) and 4500 bucks to register can run for governor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's 65 signitures and $3500 bucks...

http://www.ss.ca.gov/elections/recall_cand.htm

6. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Gary Coleman is also running. You know little Arnold from "Different Strokes".
    I might be wrong but I thought Arnold Schwarzenegger was pro-gun. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Hell I'd vote for him, but I don't live in "Republic of Mexico".

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I might be wrong but I thought Arnold Schwarzenegger was pro-gun.

[/ QUOTE ] Well, with all the "shoot'em up" stuff he's done in his movies, I would think so. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

He is a self said man. Not only is he a legend in Bodybuilding he also is a very successful business person. He has a wide variety of business experience. If he could just keep his one promis of "Cleaning House" it will be worth it.

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i would take a look at his views before id vote for him sure he has done some great movies but will he help us or hurt us /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Anyone else gonna vote for him? I think anyone who can win Mr. Olympia 7 times and has starred in movies like terminator and predator can run a state, who's with me?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> That's the most ridiculous reason to vote for someone that I've ever heard. He s not a real Republican, he is an extremely liberal Republican - also known as a Democrat. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif He's married to a Kennedy, fer chrissakes. He is for "sensible gun control" which could mean anything, and his only experience in politics so far is to introduce a bill that cost taxpayers nearly half a billion per year in taxes. That bill, by the way, was opposed by the GOP and supported by Democrats. He's relying on his name recognition and being a "cool guy" to get elected, and it will probably work.

Don't get me wrong, I like his movies, I'm just not so sure that he's the best choice for governer. Don't fool yourself into thinking that he's conservative either, he's closer to being a Democrat than being a true Republican. </font>

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Democraps or repoop-lacans are all the same in my opinion. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif Just find a canidate who you agree with.

12. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I agree to a certain extent, I'm closer to Libertarian than anything else, I have a feeling that lots of people that call themselves Republicans actually are more Libertarian than anything. But, until there is a viable Libertarian candidate, I generally agree with what the Republican party has to say. </font>

13. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

Have you read anything on Larry FLint???? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif He has some different ideas about getting Cali out of debt. LOL /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Have you read anything on Larry FLint???? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif He has some different ideas about getting Cali out of debt. LOL /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> I can only imagine what his ideas entail... I haven't looked into it, but I imagine it has to do with legalizing gambling and prostitution. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font>

15. ChevyDrivnRdneck

[ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> I haven't looked into it, but I imagine it has to do with legalizing gambling and prostitution. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I do believe that those were the first 2 !!! HAHAHA
    He saya something the the effect that it will pull California out of debt.

16. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I just went and looked at larryflynt.com. Talk about an ultra liberal wacko... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif About 2/3 of the articles on his site have to do with bashing on Bush or the war in Iraq.</font>

17. ChevyDrivnRdneck

Hasn't everyone known that he IS a wacko???? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

I was just kidding about those being my reasons. It's not like being a governor is hard or anything. They have an entire staff that does the job for them, all they do is sign crap and make public appearances. Jesse Ventura was elected as a freaking governor. At least Arnold will have his mind in it, he can't become president, so it's not like he's using a governor position to get himself higher up. As for guns, California in general is anti-gun, even if we elect a total gun nut it's not like he would be able to make assault rifles legal again. Plus he could personally go over to Iraq and kill them all with a magical machine gun that never runs out of ammo, then, right before he kills Saddam, he would say something incredibly witty or catchy like "You're Saddamized" or something. P.S. that's a joke too.

19. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Jeez, what a bunch of disinformation this thread started out with.......

It's gonna be a horserace between Arnie and Bustamante.......Davis is done......

More later.............

20. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It's gonna be a horserace between Arnie and Bustamante.......Davis is done......

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep...your right.
    Its going to depend on how tired californians are of the career politicians. You never know how they will perform until there in office. All the promises during the campagin is nothing more than trying to sweet talk someone into bed. Its after they score when you find out how badly you got screwed.