Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Scoggin Dickey, anyone deal with them??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Apr 3, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I ordered an LT4 camshaft and some little parts from them back in the middle of March and haven't gotten them yet. No email to say there is a problem, nothing! I'm going to call tomorrow but has anyone experienced this before?

Just looked at my bank statement and I have not yet been charged for this stuff either.

I got an email on March 18th saying this:
    I had the package sent to my Mom's work because they REQUIRE a signature.(why their stuff is so special it HAS to be signed for I do not know) I'm away at school and can't possibly be around all the time to sign for the damn stuff. Anyway they haven't emailed me, called, or done anything as far as I can tell.

2. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

At least they didn't charge you :dunno:

Maybe look into ordering from someone else?

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

I ordered my valve covers from em, they were like $30 cheaper than anyone else and I had em in like 3 days, no signature reqd.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

thats the thing, they are cheaper than any place else I've found for this camshaft. That and I don't want to order it somewhere else and have them process my order tomorrow. I emailed them finally(been away all week) so hopefully I'll get the stuff soon.

5. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

re

I live right down the street from them. They are wonderful to deal with with a 10+ on customer service scale. I would call them tomorrow to verify that they got your order. I have never had a problem with them and have bought a lot of parts from them for various vehicles. I only have good things to say about them. I would guess there was a problem with them receiving your order for whatever reason.

6. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

When you are buying parts over the Internet, it is best to use a credit card, and have the stuff shipped to the same address as the credit cards billing address. When you give a company special instructions to send stuff one place, but your home address is another, then you are just asking for trouble. I give companies 36 business hours to ship my stuff out, and provide me with a tracking number to prove it, or I take my business elsewhere (unless they are up front with me that the parts are back ordered, and I do not mind waiting).

7. sandy78

sandy78 Registered Member

Scoggins - Dickey

I bought miscellaneous Chevy engine parts from them (including a camshaft) a couple years ago. Their customer service was great, and everything arrived as ordered. Overall a great experience. I would definately call them if I were you.

8. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I ordered some stuff from them and they sent the stuff to the wrong state twice before I got my stuff. :mad:

9. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

No problems on my order, I'd just say mistakes happen.

As was mentioned, they haven't charged you, so you could cancel if you like. I hate the signature stuff too, but reality is, lots of mail order requires this anymore. Better than having it left on your doorstep and stolen, which is YOUR problem. :(

10. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Don't they have a customer service line you could call?

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Yeah but most places allow you to opt out of the signature thing, SD doesn't. Absolutely have to sign, and seeing as I'm at school all day when the UPS man comes I can't sign for anything. I hate when they require signatures cause the damn guys ALWAYS come when I'm not home.