Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SCOOBYDANN or anyone else with ORD and Springer Shackle

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BogginChevy, Jan 15, 2002.

1. BogginChevy

BogginChevy Registered Member

Did you say that you got an additional 2" of lift by using ORD's shackle flip bracket in conjunction with Marv Springers kit with 4" lift springs giving you a total of 6" of lift? Im sorry if you already told me but i want to make sure i get everything right so i don't buy something i cant use. I hate to keep mailing Marvin, he must be pretty busy.

Thank You,
    Ryan

2. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

If I got the spring pack that he sells to everyone i would have had 4" of lift, but I wanted 6" of lift so he added a leaf at the botom to give me the 6" of lift I wanted, so no the ORD did not give me an extra 2"

Sun Desert Offroad <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>

83 Chevy, 350, sm465, 14ff, (soon to be- dana 60, flatbed,and 39.5" TSL's)

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Why even bother with the ORD flip if your gonna run Marv's setup? The Springer Suspension eliminates the need for a flip (and is, itself, a flip plus swing-arm)..

Russ

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, 205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked
    Some day: 4" lift, 44" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

4. SCOOBYDANNN

I second the motion, i still haven't gotten to "test" it so i would go w/ the origional

Sun Desert Offroad <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>

5. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Iv got Marvs set up with the stock spring hanger .I ended up with 6".I added a few leaves to the bottom of the F150 spring pack to give me a little bit more.Running the Springer flip brackets with your stock hangers will save you alot of work and money.

Some people shouldnt drive anything bigger than their head.<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

6. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

I saw the Springer setup in person for the first time last week on FRIZZLEFRY's rig and it flexes like a MuthaF'er.

Rod
    Alameda, CA
    85 K5 6"ProComp 35"Boggers 14Bolt/ Dana44 4.10's
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/K5Jungle>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/K5Jungle</a>

7. BogginChevy

BogginChevy Registered Member

ive already got the shackle flip in conjunction with 4" lift springs. Im trying to come up with 8" of lift while running marvs setup. SkyJacker makes 6" lift springs for f150's (i was told they have the best flexing springs? Anyone second that?) I could throw an add a leave in there for 8", guess thats my only option.

Thanks
    -Ryan

8. BadDog

Well, just like most flips, Marvs will give you around 4" of lift if you install the swing arm level. You can adjust the arm up/down a bit to fine tune ride height but you can't go very far. I would think that all you need would be the 4" Ford lift springs plus Marv's setup and call it done for 8" total. If you need an extra inch or so, you might be able to get it by adjusting the swing arm down (not ideal since you are effectively using up travel), use an add-a-leaf (probably going to give you 2" or so), or make/buy a zero-rate add-a-leaf (see ORD).

Russ

9. BadDog

Hmmm, it just occurred to me. Due to the Springer swing arm's offset above the bolt/bushing, you may not be able to use it with the ORD flip. I think it will hit.

Russ

10. SCOOBYDANNN

I have the springer setup w/ the ORD. he made a special drop bracket for that purpose. i have a pic of on the website below under "project scooby"

11. BadDog

Ahhh, looks good. He really does some quality work doesn't he...

Russ

12. SCOOBYDANNN

Haveyou seen the fun buggy---that thing is cool!!

13. BadDog

I've only seen pictures so far but, yes, it is very cool. I'm too lazy to even start on something like that.

Russ

14. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Gents,

Sorry I haven't responded sooner, but I had a 3 day date with the flu..! Yuk...

Anyway, the springs can be built (you or I) to 4" to 6" lift over stock. The "standard" way of doin' it is to use the original frame shackle bracket and just "bolt on" my system. But many of you, like ScoobyDann, have already installed the ORD Flip. For this reason, I created a "one off" set of drop brackets for ScoobyDann's truck, and his truck is the only one like it so far.

So, to answer the ? which way is better.... I'd say that it's more proven and easier to use the original frame bracket. So, Ryan.... if you didn't throw your old ones away when you installed the ORD flip, you could actually bolt them back on. If that's not an option, then I could fabricate another set like the ones on ScoobyDann's truck.

I couldn't ever find anyone who made aftermarket "lift" springs for the F-150. Haven't looked in a couple of years though.... What is the nature of SkyJacker's stuff? new springs or add-a-leafs?

Marv