Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Scoop, Scoop, Scoop

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tRustyK5, Dec 30, 2000.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I just have to share my good deal with you guys. I just joined a 4 wheelin' club here (Herd Of Turtles, or H.O.T. 4x4 for short) and went for a little trail clean-up/wheelin trip today. We recovered about $30 in returnable botles and cans filled up 2 Glad bags with trash and recovered a V-6 Toyota Diff with 4.10's from over an embankment. One of the guys I met today used to have a Sub and told me he had some parts and junk at his house, I scooped a new 3 row rad, and a set of 15x10 8 bolt white spoke rims, all for $50. Canadian. To top it off he's offered to re-seal my front windshield for nothing next weekend! I'll bring a case of beer anyways though.[​IMG]
    Just thought I'd share.
    Oh yeah I got to test out my Miller locker pretty good today on something other than snow and ice [​IMG] What a difference, it was just point and shoot, I idled over everything today! I even started looking for the harder lines hamming it up for the camera (and partly to shame the Toyata boys that were with us! [​IMG])

Rene

[​IMG]

2. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

Show Me The Pictures!!!!!!!!!

--matt
    shaggyk5: 85 Blazer, 6" lift coming soon!

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

3. tRustyK5

When they get developed and scanned I'll post them. Have to see how they turn out.[​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]

4. rock.monkey

rock.monkey 1/2 ton status

What rear end are you running? That truck is a little heavy for a welded rear isn't it?

Bill Innes
    88' Jimmy
    [​IMG]

5. tRustyK5

Mmmmmmm......14 bolt FF [​IMG]

Are you saying my Jimmy is fat? [​IMG][​IMG] That 14 is a heavy pig thats for sure!! The truck itself is getting lighter everyday, especially if I slam the door real good [​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]
    <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by tRustyK5 on 12/31/00 10:42 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

6. Topher

Topher Registered Member

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

The truck itself is getting lighter everyday, especially if I slam the door real good

<hr></blockquote>

LOL!! I hear that. The day I DON'T find any crusty pieces of rusted body parts on the ground around my truck is the day I no longer have a body....period!

Chris

7. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

...sounds like I need to post some pix of my rust-bucket. We need to have a "most rust (less truck)" contest!! LOL!!

behemoth K5

8. FWP

FWP CRS

When I read the post subject, I thought you might have been referring to snow or dog doo doo[​IMG][​IMG]. Good deal, It's good to hang out with other wheelers- you never know what fun you run into[​IMG]. You like the locked feel do ya![​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. tRustyK5

Having the rear welded is sweet on the trail.It just takes some getting used to on the street. I try not to make any tight turns with the local law behind me though.[​IMG] No sense drawing unwanted attention to myself.

Rene

[​IMG]