Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SCORE CLass 3 Rules changes

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ntsqd, Feb 6, 2005.

1. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Some people have been pushing SCORE to allow longer WB vehicles into Class 3. This would make K5's not competitive in the class, and that is really the only class where they are competitive. In my opinion those folks want SCORE to tinker with the rules of a Historic class for their own gain. There is an extinct class existing where those vehicles are a better fit: Class 6
    Ironically Class 6 was killed by the very type of vehicle now being proposed to be legal in Class 3, i.e. 2wd SUV mallcrawlers.
    If this matters to you enough to have an opinion I would encourage you to drop SCORE a note @ info@score-international.com

What I wrote SCORE:

To whom it may concern,
    I am not a Class 3 participant, however I do have association with poeple who are. I do not see the need to change Class 3 rules when the essentially extinct Class 6 rules will accomodate those pushing for rules changes with less impact on existing race teams. The whole premise and history of Class 3 is for short wheelbase 4x4's. Changing the rules would be a death blow to teams campaigning vehicles in Class 3 that spectators identify with the history of Off Road Racing, such as Early Broncos and K5 Blazers. Given the current rise in popularity of Vintage Racing in all aspects of vehicular competition, such a change in rules would be a disastrous mistake.

Thom Singer

cc:
    Broncofix.com
    Old Horse Racing
    Race-Dezert.com
    ColoradoK5.com
    Tony Tellier

2. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

score =? racing or wheelin?

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

It's rac'in..........SCORE

That's a lot of horse crap about the change. There's already a class for the 2WD mallcrawler if they want to race Class 3, make them run Stock Full.

4. retroblazer

retroblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have a vested interest in this matter since actively run a Class 3 Chevy Blazer. www.rafforacing.com is my website. I have been vocal about my objections to these rule changes. Most of us that are currrently race are in agreement about what changes we think would benefit the class, meaning what it will take to add new trucks as well as keeping those that are already racing. I have posts on the JeepSpeed website that describe the impact of the rules changes. SCORE has just sent a survey to those of us that are registered in the class. I'd be happy to talk to anybody that has an interest in racing in this class. 800-372-4356 Chris Raffo