Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Score of the day!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MudFrog, Aug 6, 2004.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

So, I sell exhaust. Anyway, we had the nationwide Holley Rep in yesterday to talk to us about carrying Hooker and Flowtech headers. This is something we have been thinking about doing for a while because we do not have any leads on headers at the moment. So we are talking about them and everything and I tell him that I was thinking about getting a set for my blazer. We talked about the business some more, gave him a tour of the warehouse and they leave. Keep in mind we did not say yes to carrying their product. Anyway, I'm in the warehouse getting some parts for my wifes Rodeo when he calls me today, he says "what year was your blazer?" I said it's an 89, so he tells me I'm going to send you a set of headers for your truck. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I said are you serious? He tells me yep, we then discuss a couple more things and hang up. This was so cool! I'm use to us giving stuff to our customers, or at the most getting a free muffler from Flowmaster or something but nothing as expensive as a set of Hooker Headers, especially when we aren't in business yet. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Anyway, just thought I would share /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Cool Scott, I guess that will be the first thing I help you with here in 2 weeks when Im back... /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

3. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a plan.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I keep finding carnage from my last trip.. so there are quite a few things I need to fix. Body carnage.. broke one of my steering stabalizers, etc..

4. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Cool....Thats a nice score /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Remember if they dont fit on your truck, I'll be a friend and put them on my truck to see if they're any good /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

maybe you will get really lucky and they will be ceramic coated /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    maybe you will get really lucky and they will be ceramic coated /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not expecting them to be a set of expensive headers, I'll be happy with anything that is not a factory manifold. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

lucky guy /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

9. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Sounds like bribery to me...... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Nice score!

10. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

you cam find some pretty good scores on ebay when looking for headers... but nothing beats freeness.