Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SCORE: Uhwarrie-1 TH400- 0

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by dawson444, Oct 12, 2003.

1. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Well I'm back in Raleigh now after the uwarrie trip. Had some trouble with my 400 on the top of Dickey Bell tonight. Got down, then I thought it was fine, just leaking really bad. Ended up making it to the Wal-Mart on the other side of Troy and it was gone. Not really sure what happened, but its dead. $200 tow truck ride later im sitting at my house. Before the tranny issues, I was having a blast. I'll try to get some pictures from the trip up tomorrow.

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

it sucks sitting here working a t case, how was the rest of the trip, did Superstock amaze everyone agian? Any other breakage?

3. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Hey all this is Dannys Wife. Danny is unloading the truck right now so I will post for him.

Dawson, man we were worried about you driving home last night with the way it was. Man sorry about all that wish we could of helped and all. Glad you made it home though but sorry about the tow cost that really sucks.

Well Superstock was not really Superstock with the tires we had /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif(Thanks Ash) Really did not have to put pedal to the metal much at all and did not have to get strapped out at all. BigOrange90Jimmy (Ash) popped a brand new tire at the Trading Post on a piece of Rebar then we hit the trail again and Danny,Superstock, popped the outer wall of the tire on a sharp rock which really sucked Thanks to Pookster for lending us his spare till we got down to the campsite and Danny was able to come home and get another tire off the 79. Orange Crush's Radiator came undone on Kodiac Rock trying to do a good show for the video camera since I was videoing him, got a good one on it with his front end up in the air and then he thinks his power steering. Then we had a stock 98 Tahoe (Stu454) and man he was a go getter and was great. He had to be strapped 2 times and then winched to staighten him out once. Then there was also the mini K5 LOL BigOrange90Jimmy brought and man he was great. Thought he may need some help since it did pour down rain Friday night but man he just went with no problems except popping his tire at the Trading Post "hey Ash watch for the Rebar, now we all know to watch for that" We all had a great time as ususal and we are planning on going again sometime in the Spring again /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. Paul you and the Family better be there.

I will be posting pictures today tonight for all to see. It was great all.

4. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

Hope everyone had a good time. I talked to Danny and his wife friday afternoon before I left but I didn't quite get there. After breaking down first thing friday morning and getting to work 3 hours late, I was all packed up and ready to leave with me and my 2yo son in the truck when the valve cover decided to start blowing oil like there was no tommorow. So I stopped by Advance auto and bought a set and pulled over to a service station and changed it. Well we made it about 5 miles down the road and the whole cab filled up with smoke so I pulled back over again to find that the gasket was leaking in the same place. Come to find out that the corner of my Edelbrock valve cover had broken around the bolt and it was leaking like crazy. By this time it was about 9:30 and I was still 1hr 30min away, so we just turned around and came home. Tried to fix it this afternoon and broke off one of the valve cover bolts in the head, so needless to say she hasn't moved all weekend. Hope everyone had a good time and maybe next time I will be able to make it there in one piece. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

next time i'm coming!

6. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I heard about your tranny issue! Guess that tranny fluid leaking out wasnt a good thing... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Glad you made it home ok though. Stinks about the 200 bucks!

7. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Hey SF! I went back to camp later that night, and voila, tire. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I was busy trying to catch some fish, but those fish seem to have out smarted me again. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Paul you and the Family better be there

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me I feel like i wanna puke for not getting up there.
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

me too
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

10. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Holy Hot tamalies batman! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    me too
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

11. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Has anyone ever heard of a auto tranny being so messed up when you put it in drive it stalls the engine? I got my truck up my driveway yesterday, then going around the corner I heard some noises, then the tires like locked up and the engine stalls! I got it in the garage, got the 203 out, I'm about to go pull the tranny and pop the pan off. Anyone have any idea what in the world I did? I am not going to be suprised if there are pieces in the pan.

12. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

THat would seem more like the stall converter is locking up- maybe there's a chunk in the fins or something.

13. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

sounds like you busted a planetary set in the tranny. bouncing and shock loading will do that. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Well I got the tranny out...
    When I spin the convertor by hand it sounds like one of those rain sticks /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif so I think that is most of my problem. I also found a piece of a clutch sitting on the ground when I was cleaning up, I think its from the tranny, it may be from my old 10 bolt gov lock. I also broke a piece off of the bell housing bolt holes when I was pulling it /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif am I up a creek with that one? anyone have any ideas? thanks!

15. Orange Crush

Orange Crush 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Add a steering box and frame rail to Uwharrie's side of the score card.I tore my box off of the frame at Kodak Rock. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Jim and his buddy Thad helped me repair it and get most of the way off of the trail and then Jim had to drag me the last couple of hundred yards off of the trail.With no steering. Thad cut two sidewalls of his rear tires as soon as we got on the trail.Due to his own disconnected swaybar. Jim wrung the front driveshaft off at kodak rock. All in all the 2nd day was fun. Then I go to leave and bust a rear tire on my tow rig before I get to Eldorado outpost. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

16. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Wow, all this happened after i left!?!

17. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

woops, looks like I have some dammage as well.

Looks like my front fender is gonna need a little trimming.

And my Tie rod is a little bent from being dragged off that rock. but amazingly so, my truck feels betta!

1 wheel bearing, maybe two.