Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Score !

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by yoshisv, Apr 9, 2006.

1. yoshisv

yoshisv 1/2 ton status

I was lucky enough to pick up a tpi setup for $200. It came with computer, harness and everything else.

When i get ready to install this would i be better off using the wiring harness that come with it or buying a after market one? Also what sensors are needed to run tpi?

2. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

3. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Congrads... Your need to docum what it cam out of including year of veh. that will let you know what your dealing with. Also did you get the hole engine or jsut the TPI....

4. PeteH

PeteH 1/2 ton status

make sure its speed density stuff..if not then get the stuff to change over..and try to run the weather pack comp '730. other then that have fun with it..its a learning experience. and you should really buy a wiring harness.. it makes everything easier. that was my mistake..i got an old harness but i think i should have bit the bullet and got the new harness... it works, but it would have just been easier and faster then cleaning everything up. good luck bud.

5. yoshisv

yoshisv 1/2 ton status

I only got the tpi. I think they swaped to carb. How can i tell what it came off of? I ask because the guy i got it from took it off a v8 s10 that he is building to drag race.

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

'85-89 will have the MAF sensor, '90-92 will have MAP.

The plenum for '90-92 will have a place for the MAP sensor bracket to bolt on the passenger rear corner.

'85 is a bad year, there should be some sort of box bolted to the ECM if it's '85. You can pull the PROM cover on the ECM and look for the 4 letter code (something like "APYP") and look that up online to find out the original application. Auto, manual, 305, 350, etc.