Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Score!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thatK30guy, Jun 11, 2006.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

My buddy and I went 50/50 on an '84 K30 today to buy and fix up to resell. Its a 454, 465, 205, 60, 14, DRW w/3.73 gears and has a long, long 12' flatbed on it.
    Without the RPO code sticker in the glove box, and IIRC, the wheelbase is somewhere around 165" or whatever. Factory wheelbase length, too.
    We jump started the 454 and it fired right up and purred like a kitten. The farmer said he parked it because the clutch went out on him. We think it has something to do with the throwout bearing hopefully, or better yet, just the linkage fell off the fork.
    We are removing the 465/205 Tuesday to find out whats wrong with it and hope to get it fixed immediately. Then we're gonna clean it up and change all the fluids.
    I also forgot to mention the tires are brand spanking new, too. The cab/body has some dents but thats normal on farm trucks. Just have to replace one fender which I have and call it done. Then put it up for sale and hope another farmer bites so we can make some profit off this.

Oh wait...you guys are wondering what we paid for the truck? :wink1: Let me say that we both paid the PO..........

$250 apiece!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

And this 454 runs real good and smooth! :bow: Even on the ride back home while my buddy towed me, the truck handled nice and smooth on the highways. No DW or anything.

Anyone interested in an '84 K30 with a 12' flatbed to use for work, play, DD, etc.?

2. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Pictures?

3. thatK30guy

Will try to get a camera. Trust me, its a farm truck and these types of trucks are not much to look at. :D

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

good score! why not just part it out? make alot more money that way

5. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

One of the fringe benefits of living in Kansas. Nice haul Wes.

6. thatK30guy

We thought about that, too, but came to realize we live in Kans-Ass. This means we can resell the truck right back out to the farmers here in town. We think we can get it sold for anywhere between $3000 to $4000 once we are done with it. Yep, you read that right. The farmers here in the county still look for and use the old trucks like this one. So, instead of "killing" the truck by parting it out, let it live longer and help out our farmers. :waytogo:

7. thatK30guy

Exactly. And I have no plans to leave this state anytime soon.......or later. :rolleyes: :wink1: :D

8. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i paid 500 cash to a farmer for his 37k origanal milage k30 one time. :eek1: :doah: :D