Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Score!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by firefighter184, Oct 23, 2006.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Long story short: we get cars and trucks donated to the firedepartment by a towing outfit for fire and extrication training. We chop them up and/or burn them. This weekend they dropped us an 85 or 86 Chevy Stepside. VERY clean, no dents, fairly built, even if some of it was booty fabbed. Had the 56's up frond, welded on shackle flip, fairly built BLOWN?SEIZED 350, brand new SM465. Well having neither the tools nor the time (we're burning it tonite) I couldn't take the tranny, but I did manage to get the doors, brand new headers and exhaust, and BigNick91 got some spark plug wires (ACCEL). One of the new firefighter recruits got the Quadrajet and an Edlebrock intake, as well as some nice aluminum head covers and the MSD points eliminator. Shame to burn it, because if I could, I'd have taken the whole thing an put everything under my truck under it. BUT, I still saved a ton of money by grabbing exhaust and doors, now I should be able to get a rear Detroit for X-mas. Yay me!

2. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

That has got the be in the top five of "Strangest ways to get parts" category.

3. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

At least save the box... Step boxes are in short supply! Only 8 bolts to get it off too...

4. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

Tranny should be ok after a fire shouldn't it?

Hey! You put "no doors" under best mods in your profile. Now you want doors? Hmmm something stinks here...: )