Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Scored a 90 R30 for FREE

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Corey 78K5, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Went and looked at a couple of 1 tons this morning at this Widows house. One was an 89 454 TH400 and the other is a 90 with a 350 SM465. Both are 4 door SRW with no missing parts. The only bad thing is they are both 2 wheel drive /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    Anyways after looking them over I figured they were still worth something. So I asked the lady what She wanted for the 90 and She said its free /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Then said the 89 was free also /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif
    So I checked out the fluids belts and hoses and everything looked good. So me and My old man are gonna take a fresh battery and gas and go get the 90 in the morning. Hope it will start it's been sitting for about a year and a half. I just might have to get the 89 as well /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Re: Scored a 90 V30 for FREE

Dude get her a gift basket or something....

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

yea really give her something, i couldn't take those without doing something for her.

anyway god score /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Those would be R30s not V30s.....

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

dude definetally get the 89 as well, you can't pass up a free 454. Even if it needs a rebuild.

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, they sure would be. That was savage mockery to tease us like that announcing they were "V" series rather than a 2wd. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That was savage mockery to tease us like that announcing they were "V" series rather than a 2wd.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, I agree. Well....I'm limp again.... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Well, good score anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yep, they sure would be. That was savage mockery to tease us like that announcing they were "V" series rather than a 2wd.

[/ QUOTE ]
    My mistake I was under the impresion that the both the 2 and 4 wheel drives of that era were both V's never heard of the R series /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Hmm, Humbolt county eh? If you decide ya don't want the '89, let me know, I might drive up there and get it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Anyways, nice score. And I second the idea of bringin her a gift basket or something, maybe a gift certificate to a nice resturaunt... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

10. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

No worries, mate! I was just funnin' ya anyways. Nice score, BTW. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif You learn something new everyday. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, they sure would be. That was savage mockery to tease us like that announcing they were "V" series rather than a 2wd. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah no kidding, I was thinking that I could no longer brag about my $1400 K30.