Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Scored a Burban

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MrArmyAnt, Feb 11, 2006.

1. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Texas, Kick a$$! (Grapevine, DFW; also Norman, OK)
    Getting a 3/4 ton blazer for 350 buvks, for the dana 44 and the 14bolt rear end and some glass thats on it. Anyone know of a spec sheet like we have on blazers for burbs? Id like to know what transfer case and transmission i am getting, and if they are better than the k5's (probably are). The fuy is delivering it tomorrow, and said he cant tell year, its between a 78 and 84, and i have a 78 blazer.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

The parts on the blazer and burb are exactly the same as far as strength, one is not stronger than the other.

All depends on the year on what it had and where or not its still original or if its been swapped out or not.

3. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Ah... Looks like I'll be parting it out after I get the front windshield and axels then. Thanks!

4. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Wanna sell the console??

5. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

my 81' 3/4 ton burb had a 14 bolt, d44 front with a NP 208 and TH400 tranny. Also supposed to be diesel but it was swapped for a 350.

6. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

3/4 Burb would have a TH400 if it's an auto. Blazers are all (*) 1/2 ton so would have a TH350 in the auto.

(* Military CUCV's came with TH400's, but that's neither here nor there :) )

Prolly '208 t-case by then, nothing special, not any different from a '208 in a Blazer.

-- A

7. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Same guy who has burban has a 73 blazer, with 3/4 ton parts (14bolt ff rear and dana 44 front) its at eagle mountain lake, said he wants 1200 for it, i might go out and see that too. Says they just rebuilt the 350 in it. I actually don't like the fact the whole top comes off, but we will see. Also don't have a place to store it. If anyone elses around heres interested give me a shout...

Is the TH400 considered better than the th350?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2006
  8. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Wait, wouldt a 3/4 ton burb have a stronger frame because its well, a 3/4 ton? I know on the pickups the 3/4 tons have a considerably thicker frame, and i thought the same was true with burbs. :dunno:

9. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

My understanding is that the 1-tons (*) have the thicker frames, and the 1/2's and 3/4's are similar.

(* including ALL crewcabs, which have the thick, narrow frames, whether 20 or 30 series.)

-- A

10. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

i was reading in the suburban forum a while ago and... one of the guys had a 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton suburban stripped to the frame. he said he was surprised to find out the frames were the same.

then a bunch of guys chimed in agreeing that the frames are the same.:laugh:

11. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Nope, the 1/2ton and 3/4ton burbs have the exact same frame thickness. I believe its the same for trucks also. The difference is when you jump to a 1ton, they have a thicker frame.