Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Scored a new project truck this weekend (& so new username)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 79silverado, Nov 7, 2004.

1. 79silverado

79silverado Registered Member

After a couple years in "lurk mode" I'm back to the board and have a new baby as well. Heres the run down:

Truck is a 1979 Silverado C10, thus my handle. I saw her on the side of the road on a trip to the bank, lucky timing right? Anyways, its the right color, a repaint close to the olds viking blue from the early 70s, along with the factory finned 15" rims and a hinged tonneau cover so I get intregued. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif When I pull over check it out, theres some notes on the window: new complete brakes, new exhaust, dual tanks, too many extras to list.... asking price $600/bo. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif I poke around, and although the vin and grille are both saying "diesel" when I pop the hood theres a nice suprise sitting there.... a 327 with holley carb and some other goodies already in place. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Turns out it used to belong to a junkyard owner and it was his baby he kept rebuilding to be perfect. Kid that had it dented the fender, door, bumper, let the interior get run down and basically neglected the truck since he bought it in June. Whats the source of my good fortune, believe it or not, this kid was selling the truck because his grandfather was away for the winter and left his powerstroke pickup. So thanks to the youth of today being more interested in a couple hundred bucks to blow at the bar over the winter, I scored my new project. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Next weekend I plan to get some pics and put them in a gallery here, and the parts wanted/trade ads will be flowing soon enough (check is goin out in the mail monday for the year membership guys /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sounds like a good score. Welcome too the madness. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif