Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Scored some 42's HEEHAW

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 4GUNZ4X4Z, Mar 18, 2001.

1. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Scored some 42\'s HEEHAW

An old buddy just called me up and asked if I was looking for any tires. I said yeah I'm looking for some 42's. He says I got 5 swampers 42x15x16.5 on 589's with 10miles on them for $1000bucks, Can you guess what came out of my mouth next, thats right SOLD He's also got a 14bolt with 4.56's locked for $400, I think I'm going to pick that up too. HeeHaw man I cant wait.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>[​IMG]

2. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Re: Scored some 42\'s HEEHAW

Your gonna run em with 5 inches of lift right? Make sure you take plently of pics cause I really wanna see some massive trim pics. Sounds like a great deal on the tires. 10 miles?? For 5? A$$[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. bigerik

bigerik 1/2 ton status

Score! 42s kick ass! Look forward to the pics!<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.bigerik.coloradoK5.com>http://www.bigerik.coloradoK5.com</A>

4. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

I made some measurements today with the K5 and the 42's. I really have know idea how I'm going to be able to stuff them under a 5" lift and I really dont want anything bigger then a 6" lift for reasons of keeping the center of gravity low. Any suggestions I've got till friday to make up my mind.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>[​IMG]

5. bigerik

bigerik 1/2 ton status

You would have to do the most fender trimming ever done to a K5, or you could remove fenders and build up some diamond plating/rock buggy-type front and run a flatbed with a fuel cell. I have 39.5X18 Boggers with 10" lift, and I still had to do major fender trimming (I will post pics this week). Don't let this deal go by, though.

6. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Well I think I got the back worked out. I'm thinking of tubing it and cutting the hell out of it, but the front has me worried the most.

7. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Isn't stephen watson running 42 with 6 inches of lift. Of the 2 pics I saw, i think it looked great with the trimming. If you cut the fenders, i think youd either have to cut some off the cab out (corner) or it would be a really tight fit. I like Eric's idea of making your ownd fenders from diamond plate. I think it would work and would look awsome at the same time. Good luck and take pics.

[​IMG]