Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Scored some land....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hi pinion, Jan 30, 2005.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

As some of you may have read, i lost my graps 3 weeks ago, and it really sucked. He had a total of 20 acres in so cal. I got 5 acres of it. Its all farm land, and is being used as farm land, its got a small house, a well, septic etc.I am wondering what i will do with these 5 acres. The place has lots of memories, my mom and all mt aunts grew up there, i grew up there, its just got alot of memories. I am really contemplating what to do with it:confused: ,,,its funny, last year we were barely making ends meet, and this year its a whole new world.

Options.....

#1 Be a badass mofo , like Moutain explorer, aqure 25 chevys,and have my own wonderland of trucks, vehicles....:)

Option #2 Start running an illegal whore house, and build a bigger house there,lots of beer,ugly chicks running around with there tops off, etc.

Option #3 Continue to profit off the farming of the land.

#4 Build a guitar jam type deal where bands play.

#5 sell it.

I dont know what to do with all this land,granted 5 acres is something, its not much.:)

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Sell your current house for a stupid amount of money and have a house uilt on the newly acquired land. Then build a nice shop on it :D

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Already pulled that card. Houses in Ca are 350000.00 and up for anything decent. We sold at the peak of the market last year, when the bills were pounding down on us:)

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

wait wait wait.!!!!!don't make a move yet. take along time maybe six months and see what you think then. hind sight is better. you helped me maybe i can help you??:D my mom passed away 3 years ago and i got $22.000.00. the year before i was tight on money so to get some was beyond cool. big TV'S, buying stuff for everone, crap i didn't need,i spent $1000.00 on universal monster stuff :yikes: . i almost killed it all so take it rrreeeeaaaaaalllll slow.:) no kidding

5. mr_beer

mr_beer 1/2 ton status

I'd go with #2 because number #3 is a poor way to make a living and #2 sounds like a load of fun. Or better combine #1 and #2 and you could be a badass mofo and a pimp:D

6. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

DON'T SELL IT !!!!! It will always be worth more than you have invested in it. Good collateral for a bank loan. That is plenty of space for a modular home and a nice shop with plenty of room for kids.

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I like those two ideas....:D

8. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

You could always build a tent city with a soup kitchen for poor wayward CK5'ers.

9. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

rent the house out to family or use it for a summer home... share crop the 5acers to pay taxes and upkeep :deal:

10. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Without gettting to far into this. Depending on where in SC it is, the prices are only going to go up if it's farm land and the city moves in on it. Option 3 is your best option for now.... If you move on there and don't farm the land your taxes are going to be high for not farming it. but it is a great as addition to your portfollo. The property could be used to put kids thru college, and then make your retirement easier. Time is the best thing to look at. as time goes by you can weight the your options. But if you have someone leasing your land it is a great way to make some good cash... You just doubled your income with out having to work to much more than what you were.

This is just what I would do if I was in you spot.... take it like a grain of salt... but if you want to talk about it. I'll try to help... Sorry to here about your grandpa!

11. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Isn't there a government funded program where they pay you to let your land lie fallow? I know they do it in Iowa.

12. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

the mountain explorer route....
    i've been there and its cool... lots of rigs sitting around and campers. :D

13. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Thanks man. I first opted to sell it, because its in a rural area.Not by the city. I might just keep it,,,,, i remember learning how to ride a bike out front,,,,i remember my first chick (the neighbor girl),its got some serios centimental value. Like 3 generations worth. Funny thing is,,, i would erase it all just to get ol Grandpa back out there. It has a canal,,,with our 100yr old ropeswing in the back.Its so old,,the tree grew around the rope.It just feels like home.

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Rent the land to a local farmer. Either use house as a get away place, live in it yourself, or rent it out also. Just my thought. Extra income is nice.

15. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I agree. My father inherited my grandfathers farm (40 acres) and he has rented the house, rents the land and we still hunt and on the back 11 acres which has never ben farmed. Great to still have it in the family( 3rd generation) as there are many great memories. The rent more than offsets the costs and its always there is we had to have somewhere to go when times get tight.

16. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Thats cool. There used to be a 100yr old huge victorian house on it, but it burnt down 20 yrs ago. I wouldnt be suprized if there were bodies burried out there somewhere. lol, the Omish people built it way back when. For some reason when my grandfather moved in there, there was glass scattered everywhere all over the dirt.They spent 2 yrs clering it up. One time there was an earthquake....the way the land was real flat for farming, when the earthquake hit, you could see the land move like an ocean wave, all the cows fell down, the cars rolled 10 feet. it was cool.:grin:

My aunts and uncles said the beds used to jump by themselves

Weird things have been seen on that land

We had preists out to annoint the place on several occations

Footsteps of a large heavy man were heard walking down the hallway,right up to the bedroom door,,,,

Boom Boom Boom.....

Then stopped.....

Shotgun loaded, grandps kicked open the door

NO ONE THERE!!!!! ?????

WTF??????????????????

I am by no means crazy, in fact im a sceptic,,,,

But i know what i saw....

Wooooo scary..... :grin: :grin: :grin:

17. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Keep the land, dig a mud pit, have races once a month, make money.

18. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You can probably turn it into a haunted house for rent. Sounds crazy, but there is an old house about thirty miles from here advertised as the most haunted house in America (or something like that). It is a bed and breakfast and people actually travel to stay there overnight. Not for me, but it is a cool idea.

19. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

:grin: :grin: :grin: i like the illegal whore house / mud run /concert jam idea..... :grin: :grin: :grin:

Come on down boys!!! :grin:

Drink beer!!! :grin:

Wet yer willys!!! :grin:

Jam out!!!! :grin:

Mud runs!!!! :grin:

Its totally isolated too (thinking).....

20. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

You could build a compound like they had in Waco TX. and claim that You are the second coming of Christ like that Koresh dude. Get Yourself about 70 crazy followers. Make all the men do the work and make the women be Your sex slaves like Koresh did. Just stay away from the bad gun deals cause that could cause problems:grin: :grin: :grin: