Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Scout ?

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Corey 78K5, May 10, 2002.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Ok I got a 75 Scout and I have had it for 4 years and never had a tital for it, was gonna use it for parts but never did so. Anyways the body could use a little work and paint but I dont want to deal with it and the motor has a cracked head. So I was wondering if anyone thinks this would be a good canadate for one of those tube buggy deals and keep it off road use only. I could drop in just about any motor I wanted to in that case, I do have a complete 292 6cyl that would be plenty of power for something like that

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I say go for it. Do a spring over on it. That way go get the let for basically nothing, and it rides soft. Cage it up, and beat it up. Thats what I did to my Jimmy after I rolled it.

Dan

3. lifted95z71

lifted95z71 1/2 ton status

i say part it out you can ussually get a decent price for out of production scout parts in good shape.

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Yeah I could do that but then I would be bored!

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Um, please do it .......... Let me know when you're donre !

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Build your off road monster. I'd like to see pic's at verious stages of the prodject. Sounds like it'd be alot of fun both to build, and wheel.

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Probably be this winters project. I plan on dumping about 4 grand into the Blazer this fall and then If I'm still up to it would have all winter to do the Scout.

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Got any pics of your scout??? If ya got anything good on it I might could throw some money in your general direction /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Hmm. Let me see what I can come up with tomorrow with the dig cam. What ya looking for? It does have a 3" Skyjacker bodylift That I put on 3 years ago and has never been drivin with it on. I also have a 4bl intake manifold. which is a must for getting good horse power out of an IH motor since you cant get an aftermarket intake. Let me know what your looking for.