Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Screaming deal on Hella driving lights

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by HarryH3, Aug 21, 2005.

1. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Just picked up 2 sets of these for less than $30 shipped to the door. They're small, but they are BRIGHT and throw a nice, tight pattern. Hella's site shows them as having a 500 meter range. :eek1: I found 'em on Ebay using this search Look for the text "NEW $225 Hella FF50 German Made Fog Lights NR" in the search results. They're usually listed 3 times in a row, and the seller lists 3 sets every day, starting at 99 cents. :eek1: They're some kind of liquidation store, so no telling how many sets they have left.

Even though the title says Fog Lights, the part number, 74320, is for the driving light version. The lens is clear and the reflector is designed to direct the light pattern. These are every bit as bright as the big Hella 500's that I have on the family truckster. :bow:

You get the lights, a pre-terminated wiring harness, a switch, and a sweet relay with a built-in fuse holder.

2. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

didn't you show everybody the kick a$$ compresor too? i'm coming to you to find a better price on whatever i want from now on i'ma hoping to get a set of em' cheap too.. :D

oh and by the way if everybody starts jumping on these we'll be driving the prices up on fellow members so i think it'd be a good idea if you decide to bid to post up and say which item## your bidding on so we aren't costing each other more money :wink1:

3. HarryH3

Yep! I love to share bargains with my buddies! :deal: :thumb:

4. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

5. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I heard from some fellow CK5ers in the Springs that a day at the junkyard with you is a long day looking at almost anything but fullsize Chevys. :thinking: "Hmmm, this do-hicky from this what-ya-call-it would work perfect for a some-gadget on a K5" :D :bow:

They told me this after seeing that little air compressor in action.

6. HarryH3

Guilty as charged! I already know what's under the hood of the K5. Besides, all the GM trucks are usually picked clean! I'm always looking for cool stuff from other rigs that I can use. So far I've scored:

• Pump-style e-brake pedals from Caddies.
    • Rearview mirrors with map lights from GM cars and S-10's.
    • 2-Speed Taurus fans
    • Power steering coolers from Caddies
    • Electric controlled heater valves from Caddies
    • Trans coolers from Ford trucks
    • Power distribution blocks with battery cables, fusible links, and relays with the wiring from Caddies, Buicks, etc.
    • Power distribution blocks from late model GM trucks.
    • Recaro-style seats from an SVO Mustang.
    • and plenty of other stuff I can't remember... :doah:

I love going to the junkyard! :cool1: