Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Screensaver program?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 86Cucvbeater, Dec 22, 2005.

1. 86Cucvbeater

86Cucvbeater 1/2 ton status

I currently have webshots and it's really starting to annoy me. I'm looking for a bare bones screensaver program to display all my truck pics for the screensaver. I have tons of pics I want to put on it and webshots, it seems, only allows 150 or so pictures per album. I probably have a few thousand and I just want to select all and be done with it. Don't want all the stupid features associated with webshots and the like. Any help?

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

What version of Windows do you have ? Its built into mine :D

6/11/2004 Using my pictures as my screensaver Question:

I use Windows XP, and I'd like to use a few of my digital pictures for the screensaver--is there an easy way to do this?

Submitted by: Nancy S. of Santa Fe, New Mexico

Answer:

To run your pictures as a slide show in XP, this is what you have to do:

First, select the pictures you want to use and set up a special folder with those pictures in it and make a note where you saved that folder (in what directory, on what drive, and so on). You will need this info later.

Next, go to your Desktop, right-click on the Desktop.

Scroll down to Properties, Click the Screensaver tab.
    Toward the middle of this dialog box there is a drop-down box with the words "Screen Saver." Scroll down that box until you see My Pictures Slideshow and click it; to the right of this drop-down box is a button that says Settings; click it.

You should see the words "Use pictures in this folder" and a Browse button; click the button. This is where you look for that file you created earlier with all your pictures that you want to use for the screensaver. After you have found the file folder with the pictures, click OK.

You can now adjust how fast you want the pictures to change and so on, then click OK again. This brings you back to the Display Properties dialog box, and you can see your screensaver pictures. Click OK, and you are finished.
    <br>

Submitted by: Nedda H. of Palm Harbor, Florida

3. 86Cucvbeater

I'm running windows 2000 right now.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

5. 86Cucvbeater

Yeah I know I could do that but that's how I got webshots and I don't like it. I was just wondering what other people use and like. Thanks

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

If you don't mind the fact that you have to initiate it yourself, download XnView (free) from downloads.com and you can add as many pictures as you want in screensaver mode and set it