Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Screw the State Department, Call the NCBD for Foreign Affairs!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Jun 30, 2003.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

And y'all are wondering just WTF this is gonna be about.........Well that's why I'm here. Just a little teaser of the happenings at the 'Fest and yes, this is pertinent to the forum, so without further ado.......................

So there I was, the Hallowed Hills of Hollister. I had just met <font color="orange">delta9blazer</font> for the first time and was attempting to beat the heat.

<font color="orange">1FNHIK5</font> had pulled in while I was talking with <font color="orange">delta9blazer</font> and the sight was one of intrigue as the red beast was on 33's and was pulling Brad's tow rig, along with the trailer. Bad news. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

As we were gathered about, a RV with Rent America on it pulled in. There were no wheeling rigs with it, so Bubba is just wondering WTF? Maybe lost tourists, no biggie. I'm not from the area, so maybe I can direct them to the Mini-Con for some RV wheeling.

Well, I start to walk up and one of the guys comes out and walks up to me. When he first starting talking, I said to myself, "Bubba, this ole boy ain't from round these parts."

The man informed me that they were from Germany and they had come out to the park to check it out since they love off road action and it's almost non-existant in their country. Well they were surprised that the NCBD was in town for Blazerfest.

So he asks the question, "Would you be interested in showing us the park?"

Well, in my best down home voice, I replied, "Come on down, I'll get y'all a ride."

So knowing that this should be a walk in the park, I let the Prez of the NCBD know what's going down, and I make my way to the two guys I knew would be up for this adventure of a lifetime. Unfortunately, the weather was taking a toll on us and they weren't up for showing our visitors the nickel tour. I don't blame them, it was f'n AAA hot out there and it was about 3 pm.......

So this nickel tour was going from bad to worse as I was getting ready to take their leader in the Stock Wannabe Prerunner K5 and there wasn't any wheeling happening for it this weekend.

Before I knew what was happening, <font color="orange">RyanB</font> and the Prez, <font color="green">gokartergo</font> stepped up and said hop in with them and y'all will see what wheeling in the states is all about.

So the leader, his son and myself hopped in with the Prez, and their cameraman jumped in with Ryan and before I knew it, we were off on the tour.

We drove out to the Frame Twister, ran the Stair Step and within about 20 minutes, our visitors had received the crash course NCBD-style of what wheeling is all about here in the states.

When we returned, I directed them over to Stephen Watson's rig. Needless to say they were impressed.

In the end, they gave us a big thumbs up for the tour and hopefully, they will post up their videos and pictures of the action once they return to Germany.

So in the end, when the State Department fails in diplomatic solutions, call the NCBD........ /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

The rest of the weekend i was waiting for the German tourists to return with $80 worth of beer like they had offered to get us in return for taking them out for a little wheelin action. ...but Bubba Ray insisted we were just in it for the fun and it wasn't necessary.
    I think i scared the camaraman a few times. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    but Bubba Ray insisted we were just in it for the fun and it wasn't necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey now, I don't think that needs to be made public. Besides it was $90 /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

That short ride was one of the best moments of the weekend. You and Dan really went above and beyond on that one and I was actually surprised that nothing broke on that jaunt the way you guys were going /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. BEHJR

BEHJR 1/2 ton status

Next yr, watch the tops of the hills closely for periscopes, follow by a Benz powered U-Boat coming over the top with inboard 42's on it.

Then "Vee vill sink your K5vs".

Good job guys, wish I coulda been there. Still looking at 2 west coast K5s. Just having a hard time opening the check book.Weather was about as hot in Dallas. With humidity.

BH. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I think the older guy had to change his shorts when I got stuck on top of the Honda..... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    I think the older guy had to change his shorts when I got stuck on top of the Honda.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh huh /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Especially after we felt the L/R tire get air /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif