Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Screw this.. Blazer for sale...

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by NateInChandler, Dec 19, 2006.

1. NateInChandler

NateInChandler 1/2 ton status

im done with this pos.. after going through 3 cobalt bits on one rear spring and them trying to mock it all up im done with this pos.im not sure if its because all ive worked on for the last 3 days is blazers but im sick and tired of working on this one. im trying to put on a springer suspension but things arent going well.. everything that can fight me is fighting me (even down to the last bolt coming out during mock up) the thing is a eyesore and im just plain sick of working on it.. Somobody come pick it up with a tow truck.. Has fresh 700R4 and 208 combo built by me of course.. Have all the parts to springer suspension and new rear springs for it..best offer can pick the pos up...:mad: Nate

2. NateInChandler

sorry about that guys.. guess im just venting a little bit... all i did over the weekend was work on blazers and i should have known that i need the rest since i did work today... just mad i guess since i went through $45 in bits on one spring :(, then the thing was fighting me the whole way while i tried to mock one side up...gonna hafta change a lot of stuff if i want to run this suspension (shocks and mounting locations, brake lines that are all rigged up by last owner anyways, and d-shaft is gonna hafta get longer) Just mad cause i thought i could bolt it all up tonight ( was really hoping to take this to martinez instead of the yellow truck, but its not gonna happen).... Once again im sorry guys.. i guess i just need some time away from cars for a few hours... Nate

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Allright Nate.

Just give us all your stuff. It'll all be put to good use.

I promise!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

That's the lesson I learned while building plastic models when I was a kid: when you start getting frustrated with it, put it down and come back later or work on another model. It took me killing many model projects before I figured it out!

5. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

the cold is not helping, pull the springs, have them drilled at a shop, ill help you with picking them up or what ever:wink1:

6. NateInChandler

got it done.. Called over to ace after i found out these werent cobalt bits, but some expensive wood type bit... haha.. pauly brought me some u bolts and fixed my cb and i got her rolling again.. I love how this thing flex's and is soooo soft... I guess once you go springer you never go back (unless your shawn. HAHA).. Nate

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Sorta fixed the CB , them craigslist magnet mounts need new connections . Go get a wilson or something ( really make that thing sing ) , or come by tommorrow and I will solder a new lead on that one . I will be home with trailer around 6 ish .

8. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Well now that you have it all finished I will deffinately be over to pick it all up!:D

Brakes are good it keeps your mind fresh and gives you chance to see something from a different view. Don't kill your self out there it's been colder than a witches tata!:eek1: