Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Screw this Kerry / Bush crap... WTF is the deal with NCAA football...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Topdown, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

So whats the story? LSU all but loses to who... Oregon State? Didnt they just (barely) end the longest losing streak in NCAA HISTORY?? (Yes I went to OSU, whats your point? We sucked then, but were getting better)

USC loses thier star to the NCAA board and his own cranial rectal issues...

Oklahoma is PASSING?!? VERY WELL I might add!

SO lets break it down... who wins the Glass ball this year? USC? Oklahoma? one of the Florida schools?

Does Notre Dame continue its spiral down the NCAA football toilet? (At least OSU beat ND 40 to 9 in the Fiesta Bowl)

Who has the hottest Cheerleaders?

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Go HOKIES.... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Gig 'em Aggies! Whoop!

4. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

ah yes, cant forget the venerable Viginia Tech... always worth a watch.

but has anyone ever actually seen a "Hokie"? I know its a bird, but only because thats what the maskot looks like. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

5. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Uhhh /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!! or any other SEC team that can try and beat TN.

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Oklahoma is PASSING?!? VERY WELL I might add!

[/ QUOTE ]

We have been the last few years, ever since Stoops became coach. If the players keep their heads, I wouldn't be surprised we take it all. They are pissed as all get out over losing last season, so they are on a mission.

7. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Yeah passing wasn't a problem last year. I'm just happy to see that there appears to be a much better running game. Something OU hasn't had since Q left. I'm really excited about that Peterson kid.

My only concern is that the defense has seemed to loose a step since Mike Stoops went to Arizona. Don't get me wrong, they're still good. Just not as intense as they were before.

Didn't Notre Dame upset someone last week. I really like Tyrone Willingham, so I hope they do well.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, what is up with college football? Everytime I walk into the damn pizza joint here in town they have frickin college football on instead of baseball! It's almost the postseason for cripes sake! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, what is up with college football? Everytime I walk into the damn pizza joint here in town they have frickin college football on instead of baseball! It's almost the postseason for cripes sake! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The Majors can eat rotten ass as far as I'm concerned. I used to be a big nut for it, follow my team and watch a few games and eagerly await the postseason. Since they wanted to talk strike a few years ago, **** em. I very rarely wear any of my Braves hats anymore, and that's just when I'm getting dirty and that's just one of them, I don't know where the rest of them went and don't care. They ruined it for me. If I'm gonna follow baseball, it'll be the minors or better yet, Little League.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Majors can eat rotten ass as far as I'm concerned. I used to be a big nut for it, follow my team and watch a few games and eagerly await the postseason. Since they wanted to talk strike a few years ago, **** em. I very rarely wear any of my Braves hats anymore, and that's just when I'm getting dirty and that's just one of them, I don't know where the rest of them went and don't care. They ruined it for me. If I'm gonna follow baseball, it'll be the minors or better yet, Little League.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get out of the past man! I just started getting into it last year; the strike sucked but you can't dwell on it, it's just a game.

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Get out of the past man! I just started getting into it last year; the strike sucked but you can't dwell on it, it's just a game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've tried. Believe me, baseball season used to be the one I looked forward to each and every year. Diehard Braves fan since I first had access to cable way back when. I was so into the game until they started talking strike a couple of years ago. I took a look at it and said **** it, those guys are out there playing that game and they want how many millions and people like Barry Bonds has been elevated to some godlike plain when he was one of the bigger whiners about not getting paid enough. I stick with the game that is still on the level of somewhat to whole purity, but Major League baseball is nothing now.

Look at the NHL. Looks like there's a lockout looming and it's unfortunate. There's another game that I love to watch, but because of the way it's getting ruined, I'll probably end up just watching the amateur stuff from now on.

That's what is so great about football. The owners and players have been able to work out their differences for the good of the game. Granted the players make a lot of cash for what they do, and there is some greed about it, I for one hate free agency, but they are still on the field.

12. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've tried. Believe me, baseball season used to be the one I looked forward to each and every year. Diehard Braves fan since I first had access to cable way back when. I was so into the game until they started talking strike a couple of years ago. I took a look at it and said **** it, those guys are out there playing that game and they want how many millions and people like Barry Bonds has been elevated to some godlike plain when he was one of the bigger whiners about not getting paid enough. I stick with the game that is still on the level of somewhat to whole purity, but Major League baseball is nothing now.

Look at the NHL. Looks like there's a lockout looming and it's unfortunate. There's another game that I love to watch, but because of the way it's getting ruined, I'll probably end up just watching the amateur stuff from now on.

That's what is so great about football. The owners and players have been able to work out their differences for the good of the game. Granted the players make a lot of cash for what they do, and there is some greed about it, I for one hate free agency, but they are still on the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, the guys with the attitudes like Terrell Owens make me just looove football. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif One reason I like baseball so much more than football is that the players don't get all cocky, celebrate and do a little dance whenever they do what they're paid to do. I swear, every time someone makes a tackle or a sack, makes a catch that's for more than 10 yards or ANYTHING, they're acting like they just won the damn superbowl or something. The egos in football are way bigger than in any other sport, and that ruins it for me.

I agree that some baseball players, like Bonds, have been elevated to a higher level, but in Bond's case I think it's deserved in alot of ways. He does stuff that I don't like, like not hustling to 1st every time he hits the ball, but the guy isn't exactly a spring chicken so you have to cut him some slack. He benefits the team most by getting on base all the time, be it via a walk or a hit. 700 home runs is a big deal, it's not like the buzz surrounding him is undeserved...

The NHL did the same thing during the last lockout, they were poised to be a popular sport in the US but they ruined it. Very few people care about pro hockey, there's a few out there but not nearly as many as football or baseball.

13. 4wood

4wood 1/2 ton status

Georgia Tech: 28
    Clemson: 24
    Took a road trip to that game. It was pretty wild!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

14. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree ... 100%

I dont watch pro sports anymore, too many whiney millionaires bitching about not getting paid enough...

-Ryan

15. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I very rarely wear any of my Braves hats anymore, and that's just when I'm getting dirty with the sheep

[/ QUOTE ]
    Uh huh /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I very rarely wear any of my Braves hats anymore, and that's just when I'm getting dirty with the sheep

[/ QUOTE ]
    Uh huh /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif