Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

screw tough country "UPDATE"

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by carolina k-5, Mar 27, 2005.

1. carolina k-5

carolina k-5 Registered Member

so i ordered everything from ORD (front 4" HD springs, rear 4" springs, u-bolt kits, shocks, steering arm, 1" zero rate add a leaf, brake line kit) now im having some issues. please help if you can. still waiting on front shocks. banjo bolt wouldnt fit through front lines. and heres where i really need help, the u-bolts i recieved are not long enough to use add a leaf.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I would contact ORD. They're more likely to be able to help you than any of us...

Rene

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

ok? the fault would be placed on ORD, NOT TC. you ordered from ORD, and they didnt get you the U bolts you needed. or... heaven forbid, the customer is wrong, and you forgot to order them.

4. carolina k-5

Yeah This Is My First Lift. I Dont Know How Many Theyve Been Involved In. Either Way Im Aggrivated, With Myself Or Whoever.

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Generally the first avenue of complaint should be with who you ordered the lift from. In this case it was ORD. I have ordered through them and they are very approachable and helpful on the phone, so if I were you I would give them a ring on Monday and see what they can do to make it right...

I don't see how posting any of this here is going to help you, in fact it 'seems' like an attempted slagging of ORD publicly...and well before you've given them a chance to do something about it.

That's my two cents anyways, take it for what it's worth.

Rene

6. carolina k-5

im not trying to "slag ord" and as far as contacting them ive had plenty of phone traffic with denise last week. refer to "screw tough country" original post. i really dont think my post is bashing ORD if youre taking it that way im sorry. and yes my reply to beater might be a little brash but im looking for help not a stab at my person.

7. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Just curious, what vehicle did you order your brake lines for? In your profile you have listed a '77 with a 10 bolt front. The stock '77 axle was a Dana 44, the 10 bolt didn't come about until ~'79 and had a different banjo bolt for the brake lines/caliper.

8. carolina k-5

i ordered them for a 77. and looking at the vehicle specs on this site both are listed. but i dont see where it would matter. i didnt give ord any of that info (maybe i should have) im not above making mistakes. anyway ive solved that part now by drilling the fitting.

9. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

the bolts are diffrent size ! and be calm its all good. ord is top notch people:cool1: and just a fyi you arnt the first to get pissed at any one. this sport of ours requires lots of thinking and checking. because the last persion before you might have changed somthing that you didnt know. and always do your home work and make sure its not what it said was in there but that what is in there is what you order it for.

ALL GOOD THINKS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT:thinking: :thumb:

EXAMPLE: my last truck and first mud truck was ready for play and my shocks were missing in action. long story short it was a good thing. i wouldnt have made it 5 miles before drive shaft would have fallen out from major pinion angle problem. so always think of this stuff as a sign from the higher person. :smirk:

10. carolina k-5

preciate it. ive replaced almost every thing in the truck for that reason including brake booster, master cylinder, stainless brake lines, proportioning valve, factory hoses, calipers, drums, and hardware i wanted to do a complete rebuild before i did any mods. i know its more expensive but i hope its worth it.

11. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

12. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

my '77 has a 10 bolt, and its 100% stock. 10 bolts came out in '77, and between '77 and '79 the D44 and 10 bolt were a hit and miss thing. 10 bolt rears didnt come out until later.

13. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

and what was the point of that link? :screwy:

14. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

I think his point is that if you're going to say update in the title then you should edit the title in the original post and continue your bitching from there.:p:

15. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

DING,DING.. no big deal it's just a pet peeve of mine :mad: