Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

screw tuff country!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by carolina k-5, Mar 23, 2005.

1. carolina k-5

carolina k-5 Registered Member

screw tuff country!!!

just got my lift and everything, well not everything. they backordered my shocks. when i called to find out why. i found out that its the way of this business. i asked when i could expect my shocks. i was told they havent recieved them yet from the manufacturer. they expected them "any day" and i would get them "some day". if my sole source of income was suspension parts. you can be sure i would keep a nice inventory of the most commonly used parts. and if by some chance i did come to be out of stock i certainly would not tell the customer who just spent over 1,000 he would get them "someday"

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Sounds like a vendor problem....

Who did you order your kit from? Most decent companies might offer you a substitution for a backordered part, or give you the option to wait for the B/O item..... :thinking:

3. carolina k-5

i ordered it through ORD which i had to wait till monday to order because on friday the guy at ORD had to leave at 2:00 to go to a basketball game

4. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

the guys at ORD are good people. im sure they didnt mean to be rude if they said that. probly just didnt want to promise an arrival day when they cant be sure when their shipment will arrive. they are a small company, you cant afford to have a large inventory of parts sitting on the shelf,let alone have enough shelf space for several sets of each specific size. that is essentialy the way of the parts biz.sometimes ya gotta wait a bit. shouldnt take too long tho.hope ya get em soon.

BTW what size lift are u getting?

5. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

The TC shocks are just cheapo heckelthorns. The procom ES9000 are a nice step up from those (and only about $35 ea) I say get the money back on the shocks and buy some other ones.

6. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Ya, these are real low quality. Most of the paint fell off mine within a week and they are the only shocks I ever had that the shaft will rust in a couple days. I won't ever buy them again.

7. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

why didn't you order them direct through TC:confused: and what did you buy to set you back $1000:blush: if you are questioning the availabilty you could always call TC direct to get a BO report. I'm surprised anything is BO'ed their new building is HUGE!

8. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

I love mine I have em on everything I own and its all I'll ever buy again mostly because of my discount. They have been on my wifes old jeep for 3 years and no rust at all, and its like pulling teeth to get her to run it through the car wash:( Which shocks are you guys refering to. There are 2 differant kinds and they are the same as the pro comp shocks also same manufact... (sp?):D

9. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I'm not for sure what I have , they came with my Rough Country lift. I think they are Heckethorn 8000's.

10. carolina k-5

my problem is not with ord by no means i was very pleased with them. the parts that i have a problem with is tuff country. and the $hit for brains in there "customer service"

11. carolina k-5

denise at ord assured me they are high quality

12. carolina k-5

TC is the problem. new 4" hd front springs 4" rear springs shocks steering arm brake lines 1" zero rate add a leaf

13. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hate to hear about all the problems your having, but on a different note. When you get that thing done wheel on over to see me and we'll see what we can tear up. Looks like your about the closest member to me. :xmas:

14. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

screw you!

lol just kidding. hey nobody is perfect and givent time you will get all of your parts you ordedrd.

15. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well, that certainly sucks. For $1000 you're in Alcan territory and the shocks that come with Tuff Country lifts are worse than the ones that come with Rough Country lifts.

I can't believe Stephen didn't get you squared away on the no-shock problem.

16. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

I have tuff country shocks on my sub and there not rusted and the paint is still on them, had them for about an year and the ride seem pretty good.

17. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Just because your shocks are on backorder,doesn't mean you need to get all bent out of shape on the board. You ordered a 4" lift (from your profile) that is a very common lift kit. Take a deep breathe,and relax. You could always order different shocks from a different company. TC shocks aren't the best anyways.

18. carolina k-5

i had plans to go wheelin next week. i wanted to have everything done this weekend. what really got my panties in a wad was tc telling me ill get them "someday". when i said screw you ill go to sears and get some ranchos the guy said "go ahead youre getting charged for these anyway".

19. carolina k-5

what part of cakilaka you in? where do you wheel?

20. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

North on I20 off in camden then up #1. I'm about an hour from you. I've got access to some private land around here. I can hit both sides of lynches river a few other places. Mostly a little mud and backwoods trails. I go north to Uwharrie for rocks and mountains.