Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Screwed Over By A CK5 Member??? **Base Post Updated 7/1/03**

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by HarryH3, May 15, 2003.

1. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Over the last couple of years I have both bought and sold a lot of parts from and to members of this site, and never had a single problem. I'm sad to report that this is no longer true. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Back on April 20th, bigoltrux77, a.k.a. Jameson Stukes, currently residing in Houston, Texas, placed this ad for a set of 4 315/75R16 Goodyear MTR's: http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=partsforsale&Number=728982&Forum=partsforsale&Words=mt%2Fr&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=726076&Search=true#Post728982

After exchanging some PM's, and getting a price on shipping from Forward Air, I sent Jameson a Postal Money order for $323. I even paid extra to send it to him via Priority Mail, as he said that he needed the money he was making off of selling the tires to buy himself a lift kit the next Tuesday.

I've had nothing but a runaround since then. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

First, he said that he would have the tires to Forward Air on Thursday, May 1st. That would have put them in Denver on either that Friday or the following Monday. His PM about it was rather vague, so I sent a reply asking about the specific dates. I got a Read Reciept that he had read the message on May 4th, but he didn't respond. I sent another PM asking what was up, then on May 8th I got this PM from him:

[ QUOTE ]
    The Shipping office called my cell phone today and said ther was some complication with the tire order, the got sent to Philly and they are supposed to be back in Houston on Friday. Im out of town until Monday so i wont be able to get em back out until around Tuesday. If youd like i can send you a money order back for $323 or if you can wait another week. Tell me what you want to do. Ill try to check my PM's as much as possible. Sorry for the i convenience. Im also keeping a look out for better tires if you want me to give a looksy.

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point I was getting very suspicious that this whole deal was a scam, especially since he included the "Im also keeping a look out for better tires if you want me to give a looksy." in the PM. What the hell??? I don't want another set of tires, I WANT the MTR's!

I sent back this message: [ QUOTE ]
    Why would they send the tires back to Houston, instead of just sending them to Denver? What's the tracking number? I'll call Forward Air and get them to send the tires to the correct location. There shouldn't be any reason for you to have to go back to the Houston terminal for their screwup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jameson didn't respond to that PM or any that I've sent him since, though I did get a Read Reciept for that PM. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I called Forward Air and talked with their very nice and helpful customer service to see if they could help me, even though I didn't have a tracking number. Lo and behold, I came to find out that NO ONE had shipped 4 tires out of Houston that week, to anywhere. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif So Jameson was NOT telling me the truth.

All my PM's to him have gone unread since May 8th. I've called his place of work several times, but it seems that he's never there. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif He was scheduled to work today, but didn't show up at work. In complete frustration I asked for the store manager to find out from him if these tires ever even existed. He did tell me that Jameson did indeed get a set of MTR's, and he mentioned the size without my providing that info, so they went somewhere. The manager told me that Jameson got those tires for his dads truck. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

So 3 weeks later, I'm out $330 and have no freakin' tires for my Suburban. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I wouldn't be nearly as pissed off about it, but I haven't been employed for nearly a year, so $330 is a buttload of money for me right now.

So Jameson, I know that you aren't reading my PM's, but if you read this post, you need to contact me ASAP and get this straightened out!

Update - July 1, 2003:

The end of this saga can be found in this thread: http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=garage&Number=788683&page=0&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1&PHPSESSID=

The short story is that Jameson is a HUGE liar and you should never trust anything that he tells you. His mom covered his debt, to keep him from going to jail. The long story can be found in that post.
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

Re: Screwed Over By A CK5 Member???

what a dick /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn that suck /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif bigoltrux77, a.k.a. Jameson Stukes if you read this step up be a man and do the right thing

4. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Yes I agree. We all make mistakes in judgement at times, but let this be a wake up call to do whats right and either refund the money, or send him his tires.

5. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Damn, that sucks guy. I hope this dude can make things right. He sure wouldn't be welcome here anymore if things continue the way they are with him.

Hopefully there is a really good reason he didnt ship them.. I'd be seriously angry if it happened to me. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif But even so, I'm angry now.

John

6. bigblock454

bigblock454 Clack Clack Clack Premium Member

You did a very good thing using a Postal Money order. It is a Felony to not deliver and you have specific rights. The conversation Emails written on CK5 are probably enough to prove the transaction in court. No one would care about a personal check or CC Paypal payment, but a Postal Money order is totally different. I would report this to the correct authorities and the Tire bandit will be in big trouble, aka Jail.

7. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about this. I had something like this happen to me a few years back. Too bad it's @1000 miles to Katy, Tx.
    Is there anyone down there that knows this guy?
    WHY CAN'T PEOPLE BE HONEST? THAT IS WHY WE
    CAN'T TRUST ANYONE!

STAND UP,BE A MAN!
    IT WILL CATCH UP WITH YOU!
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You did a very good thing using a Postal Money order. It is a Felony to not deliver and you have specific rights. The conversation Emails written on CK5 are probably enough to prove the transaction in court. No one would care about a personal check or CC Paypal payment, but a Postal Money order is totally different. I would report this to the correct authorities and the Tire bandit will be in big trouble, aka Jail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Today boys & girls at home, we're going to learn about MAIL FRAUD!

[kid's voices]YEEEEEEEAAAAAH![/kid's voices]

9. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

that thread is missing, as is his one with the other tires (39.5 swampers) that he had for sale /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

found both, duh /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

10. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

11. HarryH3

Thanks for the support guys! Jeff, I fixed the link. Thanks for pointing it out.

The things that you guys mentioned are exactly why I prefer to use Postal Money Orders. Cashing that and then not sending the product promised makes it a federal crime. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

12. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

FYI - this guy is like 17 or 18 years old. He works at a Discount Tire in Katy, Tx which is just down the road from me.

I never met him, but we were planning a deal that fell through. He just sort of fell off the face of the earth while we were negotiating the deal, but I had not sent any money or anything because it was going to be a face to face.

-- Mike

13. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

You think this might be the same guy or just a similar set of tires. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Might be worth checking into.

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

14. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

if it is he is also blowing smoke about the 85-90% tread left. looks more like 30-40% tread /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

15. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You should be able to cancel the money order or check and see if it was cashed.

16. HarryH3

Yeah, I've heard from another member that was planning a face-to-face deal, but he said that Jameson kept insisting that the guy just send the money first, so he backed out of it. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

17. HarryH3

I'd bet money that it has already been cashed. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

18. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Sounds like this kid needs a good beating /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

19. HarryH3

Hmm, pretty interesting that someone in the same section of town would just happen to be selling the same tires. That's not a very common size... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

20. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If you go talk to the person at the post office you should be able to do something since you got it there insted of from a gas station. I thought I had a problem like your once and ask them about it. They told me I could find out when it was cashed and who signed it Etc. It is pretty much like a check.