Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Screwed something up. Need some help!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Nate87k5, Nov 21, 2000.

1. Nate87k5

Nate87k5 Registered Member

changed the wheel bearings out last night and everything seemed to have gone fine until I took it out for a test drive. It drove fine in 2wd and i noticed no difference when making wide turns and sharp turns. then i wanted to make sure that the 4wd worked ok. Put it in 4wd and didnt notice anything until i went to make a u turn. while making a u turn in 4wd the tires felt like they were going to wobble off. not sure what the problem is or if i screw something up. help.

Bonus?....Do 87k5 come with SPICER axle shafts and u joints from the factory? Thanks

2. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

Thats normal. When making a sharp turn(u turn) It will feel like you are out on a trail, when your only on the street. I can't explain what causes it,but I've always been told that it's normal. I think it has something to do with the front tires spinning at different speeds during the turn.

[​IMG]

3. Gopherkiller

Gopherkiller 1/2 ton status

I think it is because your frount tires are trying to go in one direction, while your rear tires are still going forward.

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

If you did your u turn on pavement that will happen. Your front wheels are trying to pull you versus just going where they go when they're being pushed in 2WD and asphalt provides that much more traction. Just replacing wheel bearing should have no effect on your turning radius or 4WD capabilities.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim