Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Scum of the earth **Update on last page**

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekquistk5, Jul 31, 2006.

1. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

So I moved on saturday to what I thought was a "Better" neighborhood, but it really doesn't mater where you live the scum of the earth with find you. On sunday morning after I got home at 4am from cleaning my other appartment, I went up to sleep for a little bit before I could go move more stuff the next day. After getting about an hour and a half of sleep, I wake up to a pounding headache.

I pillage through a few boxes looking for Tylenol. I cant find any so I got my keys go out to my car where I know I have some in the glove box. Upon walking outside at 6:15 am I see that my hood is open. Hmm thats interesting, walk closer to the car and see all the stuff in the glove box was thrown on the floor the boxes in the back of my car were all jumbled.

Luckily I took the face of my radio, like I always do and brought it with me and didn't leave it in the car. So I start looking arround waiting for the police to get there and I realize something is missing... OH SH!T my 1700 dollar company IBM laptop is gone. I forgot that I through it in the back seat because I didn't want anyone stealing it from the old place that no one would be at all night. I guess the thugz were looking for the face when they stumbled upon a laptop bag.

I know its partially my fault for leaving it in there, but in a 2 hr span It just boggles my mind. All doors were locked, I made sure of it even went back to make sure they were the night before. The scum used a wedge or a slim jim because no windows were broken.

I was not the only one though. All in all there was 46 cars broken into and not a single window was busted. A few locks were punched out but no windows. All of the cars that were broken into were along a 20 mile stretch of road I live off of. I hate the way this country works, because I know if these punks get caught all that they will get is a slap on the wrist and please don't do it again. Thats If they get caught. I need to move to the country really bad but until my g/f finishes school, and I settle into a permanent possition I really can not buy a house.

I only have PLPD on my car so insurance doesn't cover it, I am in the talking fase with my boss, and hopefully I will not have to pay the 1700 bucks.

end rant sorry :(

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

man, that sucks nuts. You need a big dog!

j

3. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

yeah that sucks. I live out in the country so we dont have much trouble. most of the time my truck is left with the windows down and I have all kinds of valuable stuff laying in the yard. but there is a loaded 12ga. by the bed and I have a coon dog that will rattle the house windows when he barks and nothing gets in the yard without him knowing about it.:waytogo:

4. jekquistk5

thats the plan. Just do not want to move anywhere arround Kalamazoo, but I have to stay here until my g/f finishes school. I want a big rot really bad. :)

5. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Yep the boxer and the shepard mix are a great alarm system. Along with the garage!!

6. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

check
    I have one of those, too.

I hate friggin' thieves.

John

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yep. Big lot, in the country,dogs and a "noisemaker". Thieves suck.

8. BigDummy89K5

BigDummy89K5 Registered Member Author

It's unfortunate that we have so many situations like this. 46 cars hit in one shot. Looks like alot of good people have to work alittle harder today. Maybe we should take the odd hand off, here and there. Not that this will happen any time soon but it just might help. Plus then how will the lawyers make a living. Hopefuly the rest of your move goes a lot smoother and your boss has mercy on you.

9. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

that really sucks man. The country will definatly help the situation, but then again more than one of my friends has lost a car sterio in their time, thinking it was safe in the car in the sticks.

Not to sound like a dick here, i'm sure you just forgot it, but why was your laptop in your car overnight anyway?

10. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Another good thing bout the country-you can fire Full auto at the thief and not worry bout hitting anyone else.:D :D

11. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm sorry 'bro..........:doah:

12. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

a friend of mine (in a really nice neigborhood) had his stereo stolen out of his truck parked on the street, he didnt lock the door, so they just opened it, ripped the whole dash trim piece off, (96 chevy), and took it.... who takes the freking dash trim piece? and his alpine stereo...... BUT, then, they slashed one tire on his truck, and one tire on EVERY SINGLE OTHER CAR PARKED IN FRONT OF THAT HOUSE. i called the cops, and they said they hit many other cars and slashed many tires, even cars all the way up the driveway, cause they didn't want to get chased. this was right outside Houston right after Katrina, just before the FEMA money ran out. there were lots of 'people' living in really nice apartments in this really nice neigborhood until the FEMA money ran out.

13. justmeburb

justmeburb Registered Member

This sucks!!! Question for ya, that I found out after they broke into my vehicle, do you have renters insurance? If so they possibly will cover the loss. Comp does not cover all contents of your truck since this was something from the house if you have homeowners or renters insurance it will be covered under that. I found out after losing over $3000. personal stuff in my truck. HTH's.

14. jekquistk5

Yeah I just forgot!! Me and my g/f were both moving stuff arround. I forgot that I through it in the car. I always bring it in with me thats the weird thing. I put the laptop in the car because I knew that no one would be at my other appartment, and there has been a ton of crime within the last week there. Including a brute force break in where 4 big thugs kidnapped an old lady used her as bait so they could get a house to open its doors, and when the door opened the bum rushed the house with guns and bats. They beat down the 4 dudes that were living in the appt, stole a plasma tv, all the laptop computers, and the home stereo equipment.

See the funny thing is that appartment used to be a very nice college housing place, but they had a hard time filling the townhouses, since they raised there prices to keep up with the other newer appartments. That didn't fly to well, people moved out, and then they turned it in to section A housing!! Meaning that a low income family can live there in a two bedroom townhouse for 350 bucks while, me the hardworking college kid has to pay 925 bucks:eek1: :eek1: . Why the hell does our government help out lousy peices of crap, that polute our society, continuously producing worthless non disaplined offspring, who will then produce the same thing our worse.

15. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Welcome to left wing democracy at it's best.

John

Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  16. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

There are problems everywhere.... Our cabin was broken into and they stole a lot of the furniture from it..... When I lived in my folk's house Upper Middle Class neighborhood, I had three Audio systems stolen out of my Nissan, each were over $5k (80’s early 90’s). When we lived in a lower income neighborhood I was never ripped off there but my neigbor was. Then moved to a nicer part of town 4 years ago, a deck was stolen out of one of our cars, then that car was stolen. Two other cars were stolen in the last 3 years from my neighbors and have never turned up (one of them had just removed the full coverage so it was a total loss for them).

17. jekquistk5

update

They caught the little bastards across town breaking into another apartment complex. My laptop was recovered and in perfect condition.. minus the fact they wiped both of my os of there... Happy day

It was recovered at 4:30A.M. Saturday morning :):bow::bow:

18. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

Awesome. That rocks dude!

19. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Now, if it were legal to cut their hands off...

20. jekquistk5

yeah and thanks to the officer that was patrolling. And thank god for his two k-9's. There were 5 of em... and they ran into the woods, but a german shephard is just a little faster then a 18 year old kid. :) The two that were caught turned in the other three, and the location of all the stolen goods :)