Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sealed beam -> Composite conversion progress

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Strahan, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Strahan

Strahan 1/2 ton status

Howdy. Started converting my truck to composite headlamps today. Ran into some weather problems and didn't finish though /forums/images/icons/frown.gif I had 4 headlights, so I want it setup so my low beams are the low filament on the top two and the high beams are both hi/low filaments on all four /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Almost done, just gotta make the power & ground connections and test it out.

I found two puzzling things during the day. A plug that was disconnected from a large silver tubelike thing and a blue wire cut and dangling by the master cylinder. I have pics at http://www.blazer4x4.com/conversion The two oddity pics are at the bottom of the page. Anyone know what the blue wire may be for, and whether or not it's bad to have the plug disconnected? The wire wasn't hot with the key on or off.

Thanks /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Well I would say the Blue wire is for trailer brakes or a trailer brake booster of some sort, That plug ( I'm sure you know this ) is for your A/C If you don't use you a/c I don't see why you could not leave the plug off.

Eric