Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Search confirmation,DRWto SRW ???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K1Orion, Nov 23, 2003.

1. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

I did a search and just want to make sure I'm reading right and understanding this. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

The only difference between SRW and DRW D60 is the hubs?
    Do people want the DRW hubs enough to trade their SRW hubs for them or will I need to have the DRW hubs machined?

Why do people want the DRW hubs? Strength, Run Hummer wheels W/O recentering, or something else? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanx for putting up with my lame ???? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i think you would have to swap backing plates also
    congrats on scoring the K30

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

You are correct, the bearing hubs are the only difference. Your rotors will work but the stud holes will have to be drilled out to the correct size. Look at the Billavista tech article posted on Pirate, I think the bit size is listed there somewhere.

The advantage to using the DRW hubs is for running unmodified Hummer wheels.

4. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Sell the DRW hubs to someone who wants them like me. Then take the money and buy SRW hubs. People use them mainly for the hummer rims AFAIK.

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    i think you would have to swap backing plates also
    congrats on scoring the K30

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, same part number between the DRW and SRW. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif