Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

search does work!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BranndonC, Nov 18, 2002.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

*update, search works but use the and option*
    I just did a simple search for "35 lift" because i'm wondering if i can lower my truck at all from 6 inches to maybe 4 inches without trimming. i even changed the search criteria from 1 week to 1 year and all forums!

2. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

Re: search doesn\'t work!!!!

make sure you change the search criteria from "exact phrase" to "and". i got alot of hits that way.

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

thanks, i'll try that /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I got plenty of hits that way...

Search results

Rene

5. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

you're all correct and i did find help. thanks, and i'll change the post title:) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    i'm wondering if i can lower my truck at all from 6 inches to maybe 4 inches without trimming

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda off the subject but why do you want to lower your rig some? I think it looks good the way it is /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

7. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

don't get me wrong, i love the way it looks right now! but my girlfriend kinda doesn't like it so high, and i'd like to lower my rolling chances as much as possible, there were 3 times at pismo when i was sliding down a sand dune kinda sideways and was scared sh!tless that i'd roll it, and i just want to make it a little safer, but i don't really know if 1 or 2 inches will make a difrence

8. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

I feel you on that. You saw how small my g/f is. I only have a 3" lift and she was cool when I had a step for her but I pulled it off b/c I didn't want it dragging on anything while wheeling. She says that if I go any higher without a step for her, she won't ride in my rig anymore!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I think a few inches will make the difference. If you don't have spacers in the rear, you might want to look into those. When I added the 1.5' spacer, I noticed a pretty big difference on how the truck turns. Some people have problems with them but I haven't yet and I've had them in for over a year with no problems...