Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Search function is very fubar

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by ChevyCaGal, Jun 26, 2004.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I have been trying to find info using the search. If I type in something, like 700r4, it'll pull up results that have zero to do with this. I searched through pages of stuff and the results made no sense? It's been like this for months now. I'll type in dana 60, and some random chit chat post will come up? Plus the results only seem to go back so far then stop? Like a limit on the date back they will go too. What am I doing wrong? I can't be the only one having search act like this? Thanks.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

We wre promised a new and better version this summer. Hang in there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I did notice that if you set the button for body and subject to subject only , it posts up related posts. If set for subject and body, every time the word you are searching for is used , it will show up in results. I just tried "timing" with subject only and got lots of results back that were relative /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Yeah, it kind of sucks, a preview of the new one is at ck5.net (beta version)

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I guess this is were my smartness rubs in, I can use it with ease, I have no troubles yet /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Oh, I didn't know that. I would have tried to search.... but you know... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif