Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Search International, LLC

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyCaGal, Feb 17, 2003.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Anyone ever hear of Search International, LLC? My mom got a letter delived by them via FedEx the other day. It says they are trying to get us money that is rightfully ours. It says they don't want any fees up front, and in fact they want 30% of the money they found that belongs to us. It sounds fishy, but at the same time not so fishy ya know? My grandparents have both recently passed away within the last 20 months. My Grandfather worked in many various jobs, ranging from Pac Bell, to the Reserves and the local Air Force Base. He didn't speak a lot about things and for all we know he could have socked away millions or owned stock in 50 companies and never said a word.

It seems like an expensive scam to have FedEx deliver something because when I over night things it's like $15-30 a pop. Their site is www.searchint.com. If you have a moment take a look at it and see what you think. Right now we are thinking we might reply and see what the deal is. We won't sign anything or agree to anything and for sure not give them a dime. But heck if they did find some money and even want 30% of it we're still left with more then we began with.....

(Oh I just remembered too, I have a Grandma in Alabama with sorta keep in touch with. She is related by marriage (my Grandpa's step mom). I never even met her but we always exchange cards and such on the holidays. We wrote her to say my grandma died in October and sent her a Christmas card. No reply. Totally not like her to miss a holiday, more or less not reply about my Grandma dying. We are wondering if she passed away? Since we cannot contact her it makes sense. Maybe this could be the case?)

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Give them a call, just feel them out. Furthermore, I would want to know the $$$$ before I signed anything. If they won't agree to tell ya how much money, they tell ya that they will tell ya after you sing, tell them to get bent.

3. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

I saw a thing on like 2020 where you can goto ANY state site and see if they owe you money or not and many other sites. you may try this first to see if your owed by them(oh yea it's free)

good luck

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I remember seeing that too... too bad I cannot recall what sites to use! If anyone else knows of any please let me know! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

steph- in the state of vermont- its listed on our website....I cant remember what actual branch of government runs it. but check out alabama's state site...the list on our site is HUGE..

Brandy