Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Searching for shocks. Autozone no help.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tiger9297, Jan 24, 2005.

1. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Just went to Auto Zone during lunch. I am planning on ordering a TC 3" lift today for '90 K5. I wanted to get a price on Gabriel shocks. Will the shocks set up for 4-6 inch lift work on a 3"??? Does anyone have part numbers for me. My truck has the quad suspension up front and I know some here don't like that but I like it alot and would like to stay with it. Basically the guy there could not help me at all. Thanks for your help.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

They are now 21.99 each as of when I bought mine in February of 2004 . The part number is in the tech section of CK5 . Up front you should use the ford towers to run these , in the rear they work ok in stock mounts ( for now ) :k5: :k5:

3. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

G63438 :waytogo:

4. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Thanks. Forgive me for being a total idiot about this but aren't there 3 different part numbers. 2 for the front shocks (I have quad suspension), and one for the rear? Or does that one part number get me the complete package?

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

If you ran the ford towers , you could run the same shock front and rear . I have the lift kit 4 inch rears up front , but I really need to do the towers to take advantage of the travel ( but then I need to trim my fenders , as I hit sometimes now ) :k5: :k5: