Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sears craftsman circular saw warranty ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Oct 24, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

hey ive got a craftsman circular saw i bought brand new a few years ago and have hardly used its not evne broke in really and it quit it wont work and its not the trigger switch thats the problem or the brushes i dont know what is wrong with it, i have the red plastic case and papers and everything else but not the receipt, i dunno where its at its been too long since i got it, so,.

am i screwed or ?

what do i do ?
    its a nice saw and in real nice shape still but its useless now,

thanks

2. spincast375

spincast375 1/2 ton status

I'd take it back. Sears has always stood behind their product. They have never failed me. Once, I didn't have the receipt, and they replaced the item. Which makes sense. Their tools have a lifetime warranty. Who knows where the receipt is from twenty years ago.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd take it back. Sears has always stood behind their product. They have never failed me. Once, I didn't have the receipt, and they replaced the item. Which makes sense. Their tools have a lifetime warranty. Who knows where the receipt is from twenty years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, i mean if i dug through EVERYTHING then i just MIGHT find the receipt, who knows,
    also i just checked and i dont have the blade wrench to it, thats who knows where too

think they will say something about that ?

thanks

4. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

I'd take it back if it's in nice shape, just tell them you bought it awhile back and the rest of the story. I think power tools only have a 1 year warrenty on them if I remember right, just handtools are liftime but worst case scenerio is they don't exchange it.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Their tools have a lifetime warranty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only their hand tools.

This is why I do not buy Craftsman power tools. They're crap in my opinion.

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

yer screwed.... Craftsman makes alright powertools if ou buy the budget line.

if you need a new circular saw get a double sealed bearng model by Skill. they rock. i have that i use on metal and brick with no problems.
    Grant

7. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

You are for sure screwed. Unless it's a handtool with a lifetime warranty you need a receipt. NO receipt you may as well stay home and make a yard ornament out of it. Power tools have a 1yr warranty but like I said, you need the receipt. I've sent many unhappy people home without one when I worked there.

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    yer screwed.... Craftsman makes alright powertools if ou buy the budget line.

if you need a new circular saw get a double sealed bearng model by Skill. they rock. i have that i use on metal and brick with no problems.
    Grant

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, i think when it comes to power tools makita and skil have it going on, i have used all three brands now and most ppl around here all have skil brand or makita brand tools, never heard of or seen anything bad ever happen with them, they seem to last forever,

thanks /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif