Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sears Point Goodguys Nostalgia Drags April 20, 21

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by Ryan B., Apr 1, 2002.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just wondering if anyone else is gonna check out the nostalgia drag races up at sears point that weekend.

I think I will be going on Saturday... 4-20.
    That will be the day for eliminations i think with the finals on sunday, but the Hollister run for the Nor Cal Big Dawgs is on that sunday 4-21. ...And i gotta be there too!

I was thinking about driving the camaro up to sears point for the show and shine... but if i drive it all the way to the racetrack, i'm gonna want to race it! Only problem is Sears point officials are pretty strict i hear and i doubt my car would pass the tech considering i have no rollcage..
    I was thinking if i drive the blazer up there... since i'm a goodguys member now, maybe i'll just enter the K/5 in the show and shine so i can park really close and not have to walk like 1/2 mile from the parking lot! LOL /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I heard about it,but I doubt I will be going...still got some things to do to the K5 before the 21st run. I'm still thinking about going. I will let you know /forums/images/icons/wink.gif !!

3. JROSS

JROSS 1/2 ton status

I'm going on Saturday. Saturday is the better of thetwo days because you get two sessions of qualifying, and all the cars will be out, where as Sunday is eliminations, so as people loose they pack up their stuff. If I were you I would definetly drive either the Camaro or the Blazer, any car or truck 72 or older will get to park in the pits. Mabey I will see you there.

4. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Hey jross I see you have other members in your (semi area) why not add your name to the nor-cal big dogs.. THE MORE THE BETTER...mike

5. JROSS

JROSS 1/2 ton status

I've thought about it but, it would be hard for me to make the bi-monthly trail rides. Hollister is about a 5-6hr drive from where I'm at. The closest members to me are in Chico, which is about 1.5-2 hr drive. What kind of dues are there going to be?

6. UseYourBlinker

No dues...just check out the Nor-Cal forum!

7. LiftedAssDodge

LiftedAssDodge 1/2 ton status

Ill be there, with SBF, the sport bike freaks, they are the stunt riders that perform there during the intermissions

8. Ryan B.

Alright, I've been cleaning up <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/Ryans1972Blazer/goodguyscarshowmarch24th.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&amp;PhotoID=407>My Camaro</a> and getting it ready for the show and shine at sears point. I'm gonna hope there's no traffic to overheat in! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Who else is going?

9. JROSS

JROSS 1/2 ton status

I will be there on Saturday. I'll look for your car.

10. UseYourBlinker

Well it dosen't look like I'll be going.. afterall. My friends car just chewed up the tranny. I know 4X4HIGH (Scott) is going.

11. Ryan B.

Well i drove my car up to sears point and here are the Pictures: 2 <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/Ryans1972Blazer/goodguysdragscarshow420.msnw?Page=3>3</a> of the car show at the nitro drags.

Anyone see my car in the show and shine?

/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

12. UseYourBlinker

Nice pics Ryan... (took awhile to load) /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

13. Ryan B.

Eric... I read that you weren't planning on going... and then when i drove up there, i passed your exit, and thought i should stop by and pick you up if you wanted to go.... or just leave a burn mark in front of the pink house down the street. (those neighbors you love) /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
    But at 7:30 on a sunday i figured it probally wasn't a good idea. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

14. UseYourBlinker

LOL... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif