Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Season closer for the local 1/4 mile.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cybrfire, Sep 19, 2004.

1. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Lots of cars, good turn out and I can't hear a damn thing. Here's a shot of a poser that my two boys liked. Too bad he can't race it. All that work time and money and can't drive it on the street or the track. To each his own I guess.

[​IMG]

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

That thing looks rediculous... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

"lets see how many pieces we can bolt to the top of this engine before the car flops on its side" /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

4. cybrfire

[ QUOTE ]
    That thing looks rediculous... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't it remind you of the hotwheel cars with the ridiculously disproptionate engine and rear tires. Funny stuff.

5. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't it remind you of the hotwheel cars with the ridiculously disproptionate engine and rear tires. Funny stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
    that's where I saw that car before! in a package at wally world /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Thats probably the reason but man its stupid... oh well too each his own.

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

is there a purpose for the air intake to be so high? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

is it driveable?

8. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

What is that? High rise manifold, charger, space, carb, spacer, bug catcher? (Please excuse if I have the terminology wrong)

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Why cant this guy race it at the track does it not run with all those spacers??? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. cybrfire

I believe it goes super charger, Carb spacer adapter thing, carbs, Some kind of adapter or spacer and then bug catcher.

Can't run it at the track due to IHRA rules stating something about the top of the air intake can't be more than 11" from the top of the hood. This guy got at least 18-20" piled up there. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif I guess if he rolls he won't bend much sheet metal up front. Works like a tall stinger on a offroad bumper.

11. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Oh I don't know. I seem to remember some cars from a little bit older vintage but not to much older that had intakes i.e. butterflies that were that high to catch clean air. Maybe that's what the boy was hopin to emulate?

Either way, I can appreciate the work and thought that went into it.

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    Either way, I can appreciate the work and thought that went into it

[/ QUOTE ] True, but he's still an idiot... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

13. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

maybe the night he built it he was reading a 4wheeling magazine, so when he built it he tried to make a snorkle, then in the morning, he woke up with that creation. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

14. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Or he has lil man syndrome and a small willy... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif