Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Seat belt: floor to buckle plastic arm

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ben Malinski, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Ben Malinski

Ben Malinski Guest

Any idea where I can buy a set of these seat belt "holders?" The plastic "arms" bolts to the floor, one for each side. They are what, about a foot long? Mine are worn out and just flop over on the sides and I want to replace them. I can buy the belts, buckles and the parts that bolt to the passenger and drivers side door frame but not the floor board parts! Where?! Thanks!

2. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Well sir... can't say i've had any luck in that search so i did something a lil different last week. Food for thought...i work for freightliner....our buisness class trucks (FL60-80-FL112) use a sealt belt system very similar to the chevy design...i was hoping the floor section would latch into the chevy wall section but no luck. Freightliner belts use a plastic coated heavy gauge wire rope that bolts to the floor...they come in 3 different length's....i got lucky and our body shop had one complete assm still in the box....the only mods i had to make were in the retractor mount...had to cut off the l bracket added to mount it to the floor rather than the cab wall. If you are interested i could runthe PN# for the kit and see what an employee cost is on the set...they only come in black though....but it is sure is nice not to have to dig around on the floor to buckle your belt. I could also fire off the dig cam this weekend and take some pictures if you want. Hope this helps.

Azblazer

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I went with www.salesco.com aftermarket belt holders (what you are describing) but also opted for the new matching three point part (the one that mounts to the B pillar next to the seat (at least I think that's the B pillar /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif)

4. Ben Malinski

Ben Malinski Guest

Sounds good to me. I don't need the parts that mount behind the driver and passenger sides. Just the plastic part that bolts to the floor and when you pull the shoulder belt, it snaps into this. I don't know what it is called. But it also has a wire connected to it for the seat belt buzzer at one end and a buckle release at the other.
    If you have a part number, I'd appreciate it.

5. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

They are part of the seat belt assy only. I used a couple of big zip ties to hold the buckle up to the side of the ctr console.
    Jim