Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Seat belts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TXsizeK5, Sep 7, 2001.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

My seatbelts are loose, i tug on them and they tighten but loosen after a while and where the belt is connected to the floor doesnt look very sturdy. Any way I can replace the belt, the rotor thing that pulls the seat belt back in? And new connectors that bolt to the floor? Thanks guys!

6in 87' K5 w/ 35" BFG muds.
    Kn filter

What I need: 4.57 gears, limited slip front, auto locker in the rear, Force2 Catback, rear springs, SSR's

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I would replace the whole belt assembly......I've tried working on 'em before.....gotta a greasy spring in my face!! Check out a salvage yard or try some of the streetrod suppliers like Julianos etc. For the mounts, make sure they're not rusted out. One bolt holds the thing down...make sure its tight.....there is a thread going right now about this......seatbelt roll bolt or some such.

Michael[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</a>