Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Seat Breaking Through

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by BlazinBaldy, Jun 26, 2002.

1. BlazinBaldy

BlazinBaldy Registered Member

Has anyone else's seat cracked the floor board? My seat is about 2 inches lower from it breaking through the floor, has anyone fixed something like this? and if so is there a way to make it stronger so it wont happen again?
    Thanks

2. The Beav

The Beav Registered Member

Had this problem on my 87 Blazer. I took out the seat, carpet etc. Welded the cracks with a mig welder. Then made a plate out of 1/4 in steel that fit the area and welded that in place. Took quite a bit of time. Some of the cracks were 7 or 8 in long.

3. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

Was '87 a bad year for this or what /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif ? My ('87 K5) passenger seat punched all the way through the floor at the 2 rear mounts, and most of the mounts on both seats are trying to punch through /forums/images/icons/mad.gif ! Just thought I'd share your pain /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif !