Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

seat idea???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 55Willy, Feb 22, 2002.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Okay so i have this burb sitting here getting ready to roll on out of here to the scrap yard. I got to thinking I could try to mount the bigger portion of the rear into the Willy's and make it flip as it does in the burb. I know the burb floor is stepped for the seats to work as aposed to the blazer being flat. so I was thinking I could just build a box in the back for my tools and things so when the seat is folded it is perfectly flat. if any of this makes sence and sounds like a "that would be cool to see" thing let me know. TIA

55Willy

<hr></blockquote>
    What do you mean, Where did I get it??...I <font color=blue>BUILT</font color=blue> the damn thing!!

2. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Dude... I got no clue what you're talkin about. You have any pics of this truck-Blazer-Willys-thing of yours? Kinda sounds pretty neat.

<font color=black> -Tommy
    <font color=red>"To secure peace is to prepare for war..."

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

if you have seen a suburban middle seat it has a two piece construction. the seat cushion folds up agaisnt the front seat and then the back rest folds down to where the seat cushion use use to be. there for it makes a huge flat spot for hauling things. So i was thinking I could build in the mounts to put it in a Blazer..technicly it's a blazer, outside it is a Willy's inside it is a blazer.. and since the back part of the burban seat sits higher I was thinking if I built a box, say 6" tall i can throw all my trail goods in it and have a spot to fasten the seat back to. and then I can fold it up like a burb to have a flat area....Still there??? LOL
    heres the pics of what i have so far..the seat idea isn't "real life" yet
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Stranger-things-have-happend>members Page</a>
    Willy's page off chevyHuny's Site.

<hr></blockquote>
    What do you mean, Where did I get it??...I <font color=blue>BUILT</font color=blue> the damn thing!!

4. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

sounds good. now lets see it !

-matt
    <font color=purple> "Stuff's only good for 2 things, degreasing engines and killing brain cells"</font color=purple>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/shaggyk5>www.geocities.com/shaggyk5</a>

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I could but I ain't started it yet..just seeing if it was a good idea or to just forget it,LOL. if it works I post some pics[​IMG]

<hr></blockquote>

6. 87GMC

87GMC 1/2 ton status

Sounds pretty cool, but what year is the burb. Aren't the seats you're talking about too wide for a K5. Still would be neat if it could be done.

7. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

the burb is a 78, or shall I say WAS..for it left today.[​IMG] Thanks Mike(heavymetal)[​IMG]
    I'm thinking I can just use the larger portion and just discard the small part, if not I may weld the two frames together to get it to fit between the wheel wells, I have a blazer rear seat here but it was a solid mount, So I could pull the seat off the frame and put it on my custom seat frame. I'll try to get some measurements with in the week and maybe start on it. I'v hauled so much in my current daily driver that I fold the seat down all the time so a solid mount seat isn't gonna work for me. Although this isn't a daily driver it is easier to sleep on a flat surface then having a gnarly piece digging into your back,LOL.

<hr></blockquote>

8. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Anyone else gonna give me some imput???

<hr></blockquote>

9. smartpatrol

smartpatrol Registered Member

Yeah whatever you do keep the gun rack!

I thought my Computer hobby was expensive......

10. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

[​IMG] I saw that today when I was dreaming of the seat, I thought I already pulled that thing out... Anyone want it??[​IMG]

<hr></blockquote>