Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Seat in place of console

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by GGSSGTUSMC, Oct 22, 2000.

1. GGSSGTUSMC

GGSSGTUSMC Newbie

I am looking for a seat large enough for a car seat to go in place of my oem console. I saw one in a 4X4 mag, but I am curious if anyone has made this modification. I have talked to a custom seat manufacturer and the want $500 and that seems a little steep for a folding seat and a seat bealt. Any advice or opinions are appreciated.

2. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

i dont know if this will help. i just ordered one of those seats from salesco.com. it is one of those bench seats with the center seat/console.

maybe they will just sell the center seat/console.

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

try a front bench from an ext cab chevy pickup. Either depdog or grim did this mod...Looks great! HTH

Bryan

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blaze- 350/350/203, 14B w/detroit, D44, 4.11s, 4" susp, 36" TSL

4. My new 2000 extended cab 4 dr Z71 has buckets in the front with a center console factory seat. I love it, they have been making them for quite awhile and I would say go search the salvage yards for either the console or the whole enchilada!!

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

5. pregate

pregate Registered Member

pretty much unrelated, but with far stretched ties..

i wonder what itd take to convert a K5 to a center steering/seating truck
    (like the mclaren F1.. the driver is in the center with passengers back and on each side)

thatd be kinda cool

1979 K5 Blazer
    4x4, 350 V8

6. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

If you look in just about any 4x mag, you'll find one of those ten page 4wpw ads. They advertise a center seat that folds down. It mounts between bucket seats. Or you can spring for the whole seat set-up. The center seat goes for 200, while all three front seats go for 500-1000, depending on taste. I have the three seat set up, and it's great! Good luck.